Miller wont fight Baroni.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller wont fight Baroni.....

From MMAweekly...........

Just when it looked like UFC 41 was coming together, things have taken another turn. It appears that Phillip Miller will not fight Phil Baroni at UFC 41. No reason was given except a brief statement from what UFC President Dana White said on the Underground.

White said "Phillip Miller won't be in the next UFC. He refused 100% to fight Baroni...a lot of fighters say 'I will fight any one' but take it from me there are very few who really mean it."

Now UFC Matchmaker, Joe Silva, will have to look around to find somebody to fight Baroni at the 185 pound weight class in February. The one guy who seems interested is Matt Lindland. Lindland said recently he would welcome a rematch with Baroni. Lindland was the last fighter to defeat Baroni at UFC 35. The only problem with that match up is it's believed they want to hold the potential fight off, in case they can't sign UFC Champion Murilo Bustamante.

It's too bad that there is such a weight discrepancy between Baroni and either Vernon Tiger White and/or Gilbert Yvel. Both guys have said on numerous occasions they would love to fight Baroni for free. It looks like the UFC will have there hands full trying to get this card completed after all.

I would love to see Yvel and Baroni fight. I can not wait to see Baroni lose!

Comment

Baroni is overated. He had one huge win when he caught Menne and he caught him it wasnt like he out faught menne over a couple of rounds. and he was almost out in his previous fight. Ive seen the same thing with Weir he was a god after catching jackson and he lost and A. Silva catches a overated steibling and wins a tamatoe can and he is a god.

Comment

badguy... Anderson Silva has mad skills...

Weir's standup is good but on the mat he needs work.

Baroni is not overrated in my opinion. He is a good fighter who I don't think will beat Lindland again but will give him a run for his money if they end up fighting again. I think Bustamante would beat Baroni easily though.

Comment

Its to bad Weir lost to Miller he and baroni would a very good fight.

Comment

I agree, Anderson SIlva has great stand up and ground skills, he not overrated IMO.
            Baroni is not overrated either, but yes, Busta would beat him with ease.

Comment

Working...
            X