Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Carlos Monzon? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go with Roy Jones Jr..

the Heavyweight title does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Monzon would have had the likes of Johnson and Tarver for breakfast, and Roy could have done too..
      oh it wouldve been that easy? get the **** outta here....why didnt monzon move up to 175 then...he was too busy beating up on welterweights....

Comment

carlos monzon,but not by much at all

Comment

Originally posted by carlos slim View Post
          oh it wouldve been that easy? get the **** outta here....why didnt monzon move up to 175 then...he was too busy beating up on welterweights....
          ATG welterweights being greater than mediocre light-heavies..
          Last edited by mickey malone; 04-20-2010, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Roy Jones is clearly (if narrowly) superior. He had vastly more speed, and Monzon, good as he was, would not be able to make up for it with huge punching power (like, say, Hagler would).

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              The Greatest Middleweight of all time Carlos Monzon gets my vote!!
              You know that you have three fighters above Sugar Ray on your top middleweights list, right? That's not a mistake?

Comment

ATG welterweights being greater than mediocre light-heavies..
                not when they have no power to hurt you...i know you dont wanna hear it but tarver smokes monzon....why? because tarver only lost to guys really really fast (jones n dawson) or good inside pressure fighters (hopkins n johnson)....monzon would try to box from the outside as usual and lose because he cant expect to outjab a taller tarver all nite long...

Comment

Originally posted by carlos slim View Post
                  not when they have no power to hurt you...i know you dont wanna hear it but tarver smokes monzon....why? because tarver only lost to guys really really fast (jones n dawson) or good inside pressure fighters (hopkins n johnson)....monzon would try to box from the outside as usual and lose because he cant expect to outjab a taller tarver all nite long...
                  Music to my ears!.. So Monzon loses to these guys coz they're really fast, or they can fight on the inside.. That's like me saying, Monzon out-reaches Jones and Tarver which incidently, he does.. As for having the power to hurt you, I don't suppose you've heard of a guy called Benny Briscoe?.. I can assure you, he was a damn site more dangerous than Eric Harding or Glen Johnson.. If Harding can deck and beat Tarver, Briscoe would KO him..

With regard to facing either Tarver or Dawson, the only potential problem would be their southpaw stances.. Other than that, Monzon is the more accomplished fighter in every department.. Tbh, you could add both of their resumes together and it still wouldn't equate to what Monzon has achieved..

Comment

Music to my ears!.. So Monzon loses to these guys coz they're really fast, or they can fight on the inside.. That's like me saying, Monzon out-reaches Jones and Tarver which incidently, he does.. As for having the power to hurt you, I don't suppose you've heard of a guy called Benny Briscoe?.. I can assure you, he was a damn site more dangerous than Eric Harding or Glen Johnson.. If Harding can deck and beat Tarver, Briscoe would KO him..

With regard to facing either Tarver or Dawson, the only potential problem would be their southpaw stances.. Other than that, Monzon is the more accomplished fighter in every department.. Tbh, you could add both of their resumes together and it still wouldn't equate to what Monzon has achieved..
                    i know enough to know that monzon got a draw against brisco in argentina!!!

i didnt say dawson would beat monzon, his career is barely started....tarver would.....he would beat those welterweights just as easy as monzon....

Comment

i was unaware monzon fought at 175.. its hard to predict how he would fair against guys 15 pounds north of his division, to say he would just blow them out the water is just ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                      X