No announcement yet.

Anybody use Grant Pro training glove?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use Grant Pro training glove?

i searched the forum and it seems that everybody who has used grant gloves, its the cheap campeon gloves. Im thinkin of buyin the pro training glove. anybody ever used? and i needa know if they run big. should i get a 14 or 16 oz?i always train with 16oz. bag and mitts.

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
    i searched the forum and it seems that everybody who has used grant gloves, its the cheap campeon gloves. Im thinkin of buyin the pro training glove. anybody ever used? and i needa know if they run big. should i get a 14 or 16 oz?i always train with 16oz. bag and mitts.
    I have the 16 ounce ones. The lining is a little delicate, but I love them for sparring. You really need to be quite skilled to use them though. They are not very soft or padded, and if you like to spar all out, your sparring partners will not be sparring with you very long.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      I have the 16 ounce ones. The lining is a little delicate, but I love them for sparring. You really need to be quite skilled to use them though. They are not very soft or padded, and if you like to spar all out, your sparring partners will not be sparring with you very long.
      What !! Shawn said - the fill is hard and only about an inch or an inch and a half thick; so it feels like you're sparring with 12ozers. They rate it at 16oz of padding because the padding is wide, instead of thick; i've got almost 2 inches of space past my pinky knuckle in the pocket. The result is a bulky glove without much protection. The leather's hard too, but very nice finish. The wrist support is amazing - feel like you can punch through a truck when all laced up. The lining is canvas and personally, i've never had a problem with it, though i prefer coolmax.

Comment

so do they give good protection overall? and good to hear about the wrist because lately, my wrists have been ****in with me..would you reccomend them? is it really worth the 120?

Comment

I haven't used them but I've been hit by them. It's immensely unpleasant. They're as hard as Goddamn basketballs.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
            so do they give good protection overall? and good to hear about the wrist because lately, my wrists have been ****in with me..would you reccomend them? is it really worth the 120?
            Id say its almost impossible to do anything even remotely close hurting your hands with them laced up tight.

I use to jam my thumb and what not all the time. Hasn't happened once with the Grants. I'll second what Fraidy said, The padding is very hard, quite thin compared to other sparring gloves, and it probably feels like getting hit in the face with a basketball.

If you are experienced and know how to keep your power under control, I would highly recommend them, but Ive had people flat out refuse to spar with me if I am wearing them.

I love how they are constructed with an open fist so it gives you something to squeeze against when you make a fist, and the open hand is great for parrying.

They are pro sparring gloves for a reason. They are not for greener fighters that are still slugging it out.
            Last edited by !! Shawn; 07-07-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Dont get them! I got them and they kept ripping on the inside! they were a pain to spar in even after i broke them in. there wrist cuff was soo long that it basically covered 3/4 of my forearm and made it hard for me to be comfy and fast. If they made the interior of them better and shortend up the cuff they would be perfect tho. other than that they were nice but I had to get rid of them due to the ****ty interior and design. I had the pro training gloves not the campeon cheap ones

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
                Dont get them! I got them and they kept ripping on the inside! they were a pain to spar in even after i broke them in. there wrist cuff was soo long that it basically covered 3/4 of my forearm and made it hard for me to be comfy and fast. If they made the interior of them better and shortend up the cuff they would be perfect tho. other than that they were nice but I had to get rid of them due to the ****ty interior and design. I had the pro training gloves not the campeon cheap ones
                Yeah the lining is delicate, they should improve that, but the glove over all is excellent, although large.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
                  I haven't used them but I've been hit by them. It's immensely unpleasant. They're as hard as Goddamn basketballs.
                  WORD. I haven't been to the gym in about 8 months because I got nerve damage in both my forearms from overtraining, but a couple of the guys I move around with have the Grants and their BALLS hard. Then again so are the campeon so I think its just a thing with grant gloves in general. IMO both the campeons, which I use, and the pros are way too heavy. Before I got hurt I bought a pair of pro mex because I know somebody from the gym who has them and I like their feel, their also alot lighter. It depends on what you like, some people like heavier gloves for training, some don't, I personally don't but ill say one thing, all of Grants stuff is top quality and probably the most durable on the market right now so you wont be wasting your money.

Comment

nice. thanks for the replies i think im gonna get them with my next paycheck ill bump the thread when i get em in a couple weeks. but the main thing im lookin for in a glove is wrist protection cuz my wrists are kinda weak and the cuffs do look pretty long. but damn from the sounds of sparring or getting hit with them, i might just 16 just incase a dude got some grants too so we kinda even each other out haha. ive been hit while someone was using reyes though and those are suppose to be the punchers glove and it wasnt to bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X