Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Gets Split Decision Over Danny Garcia To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    Here come the over reactions and everyone completely discrediting Garcia. Then the same fans complain that fighters don't take risks
    Realest post in this fuckin thread

Comment

• "Keith Thurman didn’t win many fans Saturday night, but he won his fight against Danny Garcia.
      Thurman spent much of their 12-round fight moving away from the dangerous Garcia"

Really? This is the narrative? Garcia wasn't doing anything for most of the fight himself so why blame Thurman? Garcia was only the aggressor in like three rounds, the rest was Thurman, especially the first half of the fight where he was very aggressive. If course he's going to have to slow it down to preserve energy midway through and in some later rounds, can't keep your foot on your gas the entire time or else he would get gassed.

The narrative should be "Thurman clearly beat and outclassed Garcia."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        I had it 115 -113 for Thurman and I penalized Keith heavily for getting on the bike late. Thurman almost gave the fight away. You could have concievably given the last 3 round to Danny and come up with a draw. I felt Thurman won this one by jumping out to a big lead but he should have put one of those championship rounds in the bank in a more definitive way. In the end the judges got it right but he made it closer than it needed to be by running the last 2 rounds. Danny wasn't going to KO him. He shouldn't have been on that bike that hard. He followed his corners advice and won a razor thin decision. I agreed with what he said in the post fight about leaving himself open to a draw at worst. They knew what they were doing but wow they kinda played with fire there and came up with a split win. I bet the guy that had it for Danny gave him all three of the last rounds.

Very good post. Thats what i have been trying to explain to these knuckleheads that are calling everyone ******ed for scoring it close. I had it a draw for that very reason of the last 3 rounds. People need to get a mind of their own and just score the fight and stop favoring the guy they want to win. Also they need to stop favoring a certain style. But I wont call anyone ******ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by KayDub View Post
          They just think, "Oh, Keith didn't beat him up so bad that round, I'll give it to Danny".

The rounds that Keith was moving Danny did nothing. Didn't really land any punches, didn't control the ring, but at times he did have some decent defense. Keith didn't do anything spectacular either but he was the one controlling the ring.

Danny threw way less punches and was NOT aggressive like his fans think. He landed less punches and his punches were nowhere near as effective as Keith's punches.

Crazy anyone could actually think this was a close fight. Clearly a Thurman win.
          Exactly the way I saw it also. I had to start looking for rounds to give danny. Some rounds he would start out well, but he'd let thurman come right back and start hitting him with shots...and thurman's were harder.

you're also correct about the rounds where keith was "running." even though it appeared danny was the agressor, he did very little. thurman landed just as much, and once again, his shots were harder.

disappointed in garcia. i was one of the ones that thought the fight would be close, and possibly go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            "Keith Thurman didn’t win many fans Saturday night, but he won his fight against Danny Garcia.
            Thurman spent much of their 12-round fight moving away from the dangerous Garcia"

Really? This is the narrative? Garcia wasn't doing anything for most of the fight himself so why blame Thurman? Garcia was only the aggressor in like three rounds, the rest was Thurman, especially the first half of the fight where he was very aggressive. If course he's going to have to slow it down to preserve energy midway through and in some later rounds, can't keep your foot on your gas the entire time or else he would get gassed.

The narrative should be "Thurman clearly beat and outclassed Garcia."

Comment

• Garcia hurt Thurman with a body shot at the end of the 10 round that's why he got on his bike rounds 11 12

Comment

• Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                You should watch the fight with your tv on next time.
                Your salty tears please me cuz. Have a good night maybe tomorrow you won't wake up a homer.

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                Where all the Puerto Ricans at?!
                Screaming robbery and claiming the two judges who actually got the right cards were wrong.

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                They just think, "Oh, Keith didn't beat him up so bad that round, I'll give it to Danny".

The rounds that Keith was moving Danny did nothing. Didn't really land any punches, didn't control the ring, but at times he did have some decent defense. Keith didn't do anything spectacular either but he was the one controlling the ring.

Danny threw way less punches and was NOT aggressive like his fans think. He landed less punches and his punches were nowhere near as effective as Keith's punches.

Crazy anyone could actually think this was a close fight. Clearly a Thurman win.

It's the usual suspects man.. Literally all the Puerto Rican has to do is not get put to sleep and he wins by default to some of these guys. Happens with every race but you somehow see it more for Garcia fights, go read the Herrera threads mofo's arguing til they were blue in the face that Herrera got blown out somehow.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                "Keith Thurman didn’t win many fans Saturday night, but he won his fight against Danny Garcia.

The narrative should be "Thurman clearly beat and outclassed Garcia."[
                This right here!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  Garcia hurt Thurman with a body shot at the end of the 10 round that's why he got on his bike rounds 11 12
                  Nah, he was already on it because his trainer was telling him he had it in the bag.

Well done One Time, gulf in class.

As for Garcia, we've seen him lose before so it's not a surprise, about time that fraudulent undefeated record was put right.

Comment

• Kind of a lackluster fight. Keith seemed to land the harder punches it seemed. I couldn't really pay attention the last 3 or 4 rounds because people kept on bothering me at work and thus, I couldn't pay proper attention, but it seemed to be fairly close from what I saw. Regardless I had a feeling Keith won because he put enough rounds in the bank early. I thought it was a pretty close and competitive fight.

Looked like Thurman thought he was way ahead, he gave that last round away.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      Kind of a lackluster fight. Keith seemed to land the harder punches it seemed. I couldn't really pay attention the last 3 or 4 rounds because people kept on bothering me at work and thus, I couldn't pay proper attention, but it seemed to be fairly close from what I saw. Regardless I had a feeling Keith won because he put enough rounds in the bank early. I thought it was a pretty close and competitive fight.

Looked like Thurman thought he was way ahead, he gave that last round away.
                      He was way ahead, he coasted the last 4. Birmingham was telling him he was going home with the titles at the end of Round 9.

He wasn't wrong.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 03-05-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X