Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best British fighter right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that says anything other than Carlos Frochos needs their head checked.

Comment

Froch, quite easily.

Comment

Froch, and Amir Khan close second. . .

Then you got a plethora of younger, talented, but unproven boxers like Quigg, Price, Fury, etc., etc.

If Hatton is still anywhere close to his prime, he'd probably be right behind Froch. . I'm really interested to see how he looks on Saturday. I think Hatton pre-Pacquiao cleans house at 140. . . He still should be able to beat Malignaggi. . . If he's at least 75% of wher ehe was.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Froch, and Amir Khan close second. . .

Then you got a plethora of younger, talented, but unproven boxers like Quigg, Price, Fury, etc., etc.

If Hatton is still anywhere close to his prime, he'd probably be right behind Froch. . I'm really interested to see how he looks on Saturday. I think Hatton pre-Pacquiao cleans house at 140. . . He still should be able to beat Malignaggi. . . If he's at least 75% of wher ehe was.
          There is no WAY Amir Khan is better than Haye, no WAY whatsoever

Haye is faster P4P, better footwork, better defence, hits harder, throws more variety of punches, better chin, just better everything

As i said his only problem is fighting Giants.

sorry Pug

Comment

lol why did you list Hatton?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              There is no WAY Amir Khan is better than Haye, no WAY whatsoever

Haye is faster P4P, better footwork, better defence, hits harder, throws more variety of punches, better chin, just better everything

As i said his only problem is fighting Giants.

sorry Pug
              sir hickey, gotta respectfully disagree with ye here.

haye hasnt beaten the quality of bxers THE KING has: Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah, Malignaggi. . . and come on he beat peterson - a peterson juiced up on test. to the level of a racehorse. . .

IMO, Khan only has two legit defeats, and I'd bet the hosue he easily beats both in rematches. . Haye has lost to much worse boxers than Garcia, and Prescott in a 40 year old Thompson who was never anything more than a journeyman in the division. . .

Haye's best win is either Enzo Mac N Cheese, or Valuev. haha and Valuev would be eligible to be a lifetime pensioner in England, USA, or any western country! he's a cripple, mate! He has a real deformity/disease! Hahaha.

All the guys I listed as Khan beating have more class than Haye's best wins: Chisora, Mac N Cheese, Valuev, Fraggy, Barrett, Mormeck, and Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                If Bute is the Glassman, what do you call Enzo? And that's half of Haye's divisional dominance
                Did I mention Enzo as one of Haye's best opponents? NO, try again.

Comment

Carl Froch number 1 without doubt
                  2. Ricky Burns
                  3.David Haye

Nathan Cleverley was on ringside last night and he congratulated Carl on winning the award and said that his time would come in a couple years. He might be right
                  Last edited by PD21; 11-23-2012, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Did I mention Enzo as one of Haye's best opponents? NO, try again.
                    Listen m8, its not an argument there's not a right or wrong its an opinion.

Most people think Froch is the best current British boxer and I find it hard to argue against, you don't, you like Haye, thats fine.

The poll results tell the story though.

No need to throws your toys out when people dont agree!

Here take this!
                    Last edited by rampant; 11-23-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Froch - easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X