• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word from Jermall Charlo?
    Is he hiding or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      happens all the time....i always weigh everything....i see grey area too....

id trust haymon to run my career in the US over hearn in the US...any day of the week...you wouldnt? haymons track record in the US is much better id say in an honest opionion

besides AJ who does hearn have that makes him a power player in the sport?

im not defending them at all costs...i just dont believe the hearn and oscar offers...i think they are making a concerted effort to railroad charlos name and make him look like a ducker..
      If I were a boxer, I would probably choose haymon to represent me if the other offers are not substantially higher.
      I never heard any boxer talk bad about their working relationship with haymon (dont think anyone has talked badly about hearn either though). He certainly takes care of them.

But that doesnt make him immune to criticism or should stop me from doubting him at times.

Correct me if Im wrong (Im not an avid follower of negotiation news), but as of now there are 2 sides who claim they made substantial offers to charlo and then there is charlo who stayed silent in the aftermath.
      If he doesnt deny those offers or explain why those offers were bad, then (from my point of view) he is currently ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Tevin Farmer is a dumbass.

But so is Jermall Charlo. $7 million isn't chicken feed.

Plus if fighting on DAZN is the issue Andrade said he can go over to Showtime for one fight then go back.

Charlo doesn't want that smoke. Simple and plain.
        The number isn't $7m, and the offer wasn't for a one-off fight either.

There's a reason why Eddie Hearn is being coy with the information that gets to the public.

So now, Andrade just fought as the walk-out bout for that YouTube fight, and Canelo, Golovkin, Saunders, Callum, Jacobs, and Munguia still won't fight him on DAZN.

Believe what you want

Comment

• I think the radio silence from Charlo and the PBC says all we need to know on these offers. I remember some of Anthony Joshua's offers to Wilder. They were not refused they were just flat out ignored and radio silence followed for a while. These are some of the shady PBC practices i keep talking about. No refusal, no counter offers. Just ignorance.

And then when all the smoke clears we will start getting tweets back out from Charlo about how the likes of Canelo and Andrade are ducking him. This is the dirty PBC business practices. Ducking scum bags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            The number isn't $7m, and the offer wasn't for a one-off fight either.

There's a reason why Eddie Hearn is being coy with the information that gets to the public.

So now, Andrade just fought as the walk-out bout for that YouTube fight, and Canelo, Golovkin, Saunders, Callum, Jacobs, and Munguia still won't fight him on DAZN.

Believe what you want
            Andrade said that he could go to Showtime for one fight then go back to DAZN.

And Hearn said Charlo could go to DAZN for one fight or more if he wanted, that it was up to him.

Only one side has been trying to make this fight happen. And it isn't the Charlo side.

It's not about me believing what I want. That's just how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
              Imho, at 29 years old the Charlo business is way behind schedule at this point.

As visible as he may be, no one outside of his existing fanbase considers him THE middleweight champion; if the casual fan knows anything, they know that Canelo beat Golovkin thus making him "the man" and that boxing has too many belts to take them all seriously. I don't like it but despite what it says on paper, the Franchise award severely dilutes Charlo's status just as it does for Devin Haney.

Outside of Derevyenchenko (whose biggest claim to fame took place on a "non visible" platform), I don't really see much quality opposition for Charlo on PBC and as I said to Curt, if you're taking that fight, you may as well fight Andrade for the extra dough. Given the history and genuine needle between the pair it's also an easy fight to sell.

Given the options Canelo has as well as his standing in the sport, it's self evident that it's no skin of his nose if fights with Charlo and/or Andrade never happen. I'm not a Canelo fan but it is what it is. These guys need to do something to get the public to apply some pressure and the likes of Eubank Jr and Keeler simply doesn't cut it.
              How many stars launched before their late 20's though?

Canelo and Tyson are basically it, off the top of my head. To say Charlo is way behind schedule is a bit much.

In terms of options for Charlo on the outside, he's got Derevyanchenko, he's got Eubank Jr, and he's got Matvey Korobov (if he can simply pick up the win), plus the eventual WBC/WBA/IBF 154lb champion (as long as it's not his brother or Erislandy Lara, same trainer and all).

4 marketable fights to work with, plus the possibility that Canelo comes calling to dance.

At least another year and a half, where Jermall Charlo is the only middleweight in the general sports conversation, outside of Canelo (unless Canelo really does go ahead with fighting in Japan or Saudi Arabia; the general sports world hardly mentions any of the other DAZN 160/168lbers, unless mentioning Golovkin as cannon fodder for Canelo).

It's on Jermall to keep winning, but time is on his side

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Andrade said that he could go to Showtime for one fight then go back to DAZN.

And Hearn said Charlo could go to DAZN for one fight or more if he wanted, that it was up to him.

Only one side has been trying to make this fight happen. And it isn't the Charlo side.

It's not about me believing what I want. That's just how it is.
                If you honestly think that Eddie Hearn would let Demetrius Andrade go an fight on Showtime, when Andrade is basically the first an only top American fighter that he's been able to deliver to DAZN, with the rest of his deal still in the lurch, that's on you.

Eddie likes to talk, and folks like that Eddie likes to talk, but most don't seem to listen/read/recall.

Mikey Garcia is on a 1-and-1 deal (basically after the Vargas fight, Matchroom has the right to match whatever the purse for Mikey's next fight would be on offer; a two-fight deal if folks are honest, with the likely intention of trying to lure whatever fight offered to Mikey to DAZN). Hearn said it was generally the same deal, before then, in a separate interview, talking about the offer having matching rights on Charlo going forward (lamenting the lack of opponents outside of DAZN to try to justify Charlo not leaving even if he wanted to).

When the man talks, try to listen

Comment

How many stars launched before their late 20's though?

Canelo and Tyson are basically it, off the top of my head. To say Charlo is way behind schedule is a bit much.

In terms of options for Charlo on the outside, he's got Derevyanchenko, he's got Eubank Jr, and he's got Matvey Korobov (if he can simply pick up the win), plus the eventual WBC/WBA/IBF 154lb champion (as long as it's not his brother or Erislandy Lara, same trainer and all).

4 marketable fights to work with, plus the possibility that Canelo comes calling to dance.

At least another year and a half, where Jermall Charlo is the only middleweight in the general sports conversation, outside of Canelo (unless Canelo really does go ahead with fighting in Japan or Saudi Arabia; the general sports world hardly mentions any of the other DAZN 160/168lbers, unless mentioning Golovkin as cannon fodder for Canelo).

It's on Jermall to keep winning, but time is on his side
                  I'd say that most stars are launched early to mid 20's. Oscar, Roy, Floyd, Sugar Ray, Hearns... maybe things are changing because the guys fight less regularly nowadays?

Eubank Jr. tanked on PPV here in his own country so I'm surprised you view him as marketable in the States. Korobov's a good fighter but hardly what you'd call box office while 'Chenko is best known for his exploits on DAZN which in your words lacks visibility...all for the possibility that Canelo comes calling?

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    Any word from Jermall Charlo?
                    Is he hiding or what?
                    The silence is indeed deafening. Nobody knows what he's hiding about.

Comment

If you honestly think that Eddie Hearn would let Demetrius Andrade go an fight on Showtime, when Andrade is basically the first an only top American fighter that he's been able to deliver to DAZN, with the rest of his deal still in the lurch, that's on you.

Eddie likes to talk, and folks like that Eddie likes to talk, but most don't seem to listen/read/recall.

Mikey Garcia is on a 1-and-1 deal (basically after the Vargas fight, Matchroom has the right to match whatever the purse for Mikey's next fight would be on offer; a two-fight deal if folks are honest, with the likely intention of trying to lure whatever fight offered to Mikey to DAZN). Hearn said it was generally the same deal, before then, in a separate interview, talking about the offer having matching rights on Charlo going forward (lamenting the lack of opponents outside of DAZN to try to justify Charlo not leaving even if he wanted to).

When the man talks, try to listen
                      Why wouldn't I believe what Andrade is saying? Hearn let Campbell go fight Lomachenko on ESPN.

Andy Ruiz was able to go to DAZN and is now free to go back to PBC. And Hearn is STILL throwing offers his way.

Jermall Charlo doesn't want a career high purse to face Andrade, on DAZN or on Showtime. He just wants easy fights and easy paydays.

As a fan I can't support that and neither should you.

Comment

Working...
                      X