No announcement yet.

LMAO. Amazon HQ dumps nyc HC of AOcortez and democrats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I know you're one of the "stupid", but even you should be able to do the basic math involved here and see they are only getting a small fraction of the Amazon jobs they would have gotten had the Amazon HQ moved there.

But if you cant, let me fill you in. They lost a net of tens of thousands of jobs.

That's nothing to cheer on, genius.
    If you are gullible enough to believe that they are gonna stop at just these 1500 jobs, that's your problem not mine. If they had ended up building an HQ in another city in place of NYC one, I'd say you could be on to something. But in the current state, realistically you are not.

They couldn't just go forward on the new HQ without the tax incentives and save face. But they still want all the work done they were gonna hire all those employees to do. There is no reason to give up on their goals just because this deal didn't work out as they hoped. So they will start hiring in NYC gradually over time anyway, a process they've already put into motion.

Personally I'd prefer they gradually build their presence, as they are starting to do now, rather than drop a huge HQ all at once. The latter would almost surely have caused rents to skyrocket in Queens and, since the majority of positions would have been filled by people who are not current NYC residents, would also have led to gentrification of the surrounding neighborhoods.

Worked out just as I'd hoped. But you hang onto that number like I should care about it.. lol.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• 1500 jobs == participation trophy

That number won’t cover the jobs Wall Street is losing/lost this year alone.

Comment

• Crumbs as Pelosi would say.

Comment

• Crumbs as Pelosi would say.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            If you are gullible enough to believe that they are gonna stop at just these 1500 jobs, that's your problem not mine. If they had ended up building an HQ in another city in place of NYC one, I'd say you could be on to something. But in the current state, realistically you are not.

They couldn't just go forward on the new HQ without the tax incentives and save face. But they still want all the work done they were gonna hire all those employees to do. There is no reason to give up on their goals just because this deal didn't work out as they hoped. So they will start hiring in NYC gradually over time anyway, a process they've already put into motion.

Personally I'd prefer they gradually build their presence, as they are starting to do now, rather than drop a huge HQ all at once. The latter would almost surely have caused rents to skyrocket in Queens and, since the majority of positions would have been filled by people who are not current NYC residents, would also have led to gentrification of the surrounding neighborhoods.

Worked out just as I'd hoped. But you hang onto that number like I should care about it.. lol.
            I guess I'm off Ignore now.

Please, next time you do that, be a man and just tell me.

I wasted my time typing a reply to one of your threads, only to find you'd put me on Ignore, despite us never having had a recent disagreement or dust up.

That said, you're arguing wholly on conjecture. Who knows if they'll stop at the 1500 jobs.

You dont know. I dont know. None of us knows.

So quit trying to cheer on your team and their job killing policies by equating your conjecture with facts.

The fact is that they lost a net of tens of thousands of jobs. And as I said, that's nothing to cheer on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              I guess I'm off Ignore now.
              Nope, I had opened your post from before. I originally saw it as I was looking at this thread without being logged in, and decided to log in and respond.

This time I made an educated guess that you were responding back to me and opened your comment up. Anyway, didn't read the rest of your comment as I'm not really trying to convince you of anything and don't care if you change your mind. Just letting you know why I don't view this news as a negative thing - in fact, quite the contrary. It's the expected result.

Everyone who rooted against Amazon moving their HQ to NYC knew that they would not move the full size of their new HQ to NYC right away. It was literally the stated goal of that movement to get that result. But we still anticipated that Amazon would start moving into the city over time anyway without the tax incentives, and here we are. Feels good to me when things are going according to plan, idk about you.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-09-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Nope, I had opened your post from before. I originally saw it as I was looking at this thread without being logged in, and decided to log in and respond.
                Lmfao!!!

Yeah, ok.

Face it, you're just like most of the superfans here in that regard. You cry and put me on Ignore, then find you are lost without me and you need my company and take me off or manually check all my posts anyway.

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                This time I made an educated guess that you were responding back to me and opened your comment up. Anyway, didn't read the rest of your comment as I'm not really trying to convince you of anything and don't care if you change your mind. Just letting you know why I don't view this news as a negative thing - in fact, quite the contrary. It's the expected result.

Everyone who rooted against Amazon moving their HQ to NYC knew that they would not move the full size of their new HQ to NYC right away. But we still anticipated that Amazon would start moving into the city over time anyway without the tax incentives, and here we are. Feels good to me when things are going according to plan, idk about you.
                Go! Team! Go!

Yeah, no need to respond to team cheers like yours. One minute you people are saying certain jobs are bad, then the next those jobs are now good with you superfans I guess.

Ok, so am I or am I not on Ignore?

That diatribe leads me to think I'm not, but yet it sounds like as you're writing out those cheers while saying I'm still on Ignore.

I know you guys are "stupid", but try and be consistent here and make up your defective mind.....

Comment

• Comment

Me, I don't brag about punking out, be if physically or intellectually.

To each his own I guess.

Comment

• 1500 jobs gain, but let's not forget the thousands of construction workers and 25000 that could've been hired in NYC, major loss for the city.

Comment

Working...
                      X