No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Very Confident He Would Beat Wilder and Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is Number One

Joshua is a class act and personality wise he's everything you want to see in a world heavyweight champion but he suffers from one glaring physical short coming and that is he has a glass jaw. Wilder would knock him out cold and he should avoid that match up as he has done for the last two years. As for Fury I give him a decent chance since he punches hard enough and has enough boxing ability to give Fury fits who, as we've seen has avoided any kind of challenges since getting off the floor twice against Wilder. Fury has been looking to make money in the WWE because he lacks confidence against the big boys of the division. I rate the heavyweights as follows Wilder, Ortiz, Joshua then Fury the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      How will he? Feb 2020 is a different year. To prove how stupid your claim that Wilder fights more often is here's something for you. Since 2016 Joshua has fought 9 times and Wilder 8.
      A year is 12 months numpty.

If Wilder fights in May, November and then Feb, he's fought 3 times in less than a year. That also evens up your stat since 2016.

The difference is, Antnee is 30, Deontay is 34. AJ should be fat more active at this point. Want a stat that makes you look ridiculous? Wilder has had 43 fights. AJ a pathetic 23. He's not giving fans bang for buck.

Comment

I Could see AJ beating wilder since wilders skills are utter garbage but fury not happening fury will wipe his A$$ with AJ

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
          Joshua is a class act and personality wise he's everything you want to see in a world heavyweight champion but he suffers from one glaring physical short coming and that is he has a glass jaw. Wilder would knock him out cold and he should avoid that match up as he has done for the last two years. As for Fury I give him a decent chance since he punches hard enough and has enough boxing ability to give Fury fits who, as we've seen has avoided any kind of challenges since getting off the floor twice against Wilder. Fury has been looking to make money in the WWE because he lacks confidence against the big boys of the division. I rate the heavyweights as follows Wilder, Ortiz, Joshua then Fury the mouth.
          So AJ making multiple career high offers to Wilder - one of them the highest guaranteed purse in HW history - is avoiding the fight?

And how you can rate Ortiz higher than Fury after seeing both of them in against Wilder and Christian Hammer is beyond me. Ortiz isn't good enough to lace Fury's boots, tbh.
          Last edited by kafkod; 12-09-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I can see Joshua beating Fury. I think Fury is nothing now. He will lose to Wilder in rematch and retire anyway.

I think Wilder will probably beat Joshua.

I think to beat Wilder you need to be able to knock him out early. You can't go 12 rounds with him - especially if you have a glass jaw like AJ. That's the only way AJ can beat Wilder. But that makes it a 60/40 fight in Wilder's favour since he has more power, a better chin, better recovery and he's faster.

Comment

Meh...he just needs to enjoy his titles....in England...where they'll remain for the rest of his career. We know damn well that boy wants no parts of Wilder and Fury.

Maybe it's Eddie who doesn't want a piece of either guy and he proved it in his post-fight "Ducking" speech. Good luck, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                I can see Joshua beating Fury. I think Fury is nothing now. He will lose to Wilder in rematch and retire anyway.

I think to beat Wilder you need to be able to knock him out early. You can't go 12 rounds with him - especially if you have a glass jaw like AJ. That's the only way AJ can beat Wilder. But that makes it a 60/40 fight in Wilder's favour since he has more power, a better chin, better recovery and he's faster.
                No doubt Tony Joshua has better boxing skills than Wilder. But added to your list - Wilder has a longer reach and has better stamina as well as a better chin, speed and power than him. So it's a stylistic nightmare for AJ.

To beat Wilder you gotta get inside and not let him have range, as Teddy Atlas said, it's not rocket science. AJ thinks he's good fighting on the inside with uppercuts and hooks but he came 2nd best against Ruiz in that department.

The boxer that will beat Wilder is someone that can maul him on the inside and stay there for 12 rounds. This won't be Fury as Fury is even worse fighting on the inside because of his lanky arms and no power.

Comment

Poor old Josh he's a decent guy but deluded.Does he really think what fatso could do at 19 stone 3 and very obese a prime master boxer Tyson Fury and a prime one punch KO artist Wilder couldn't do.

The sight of Joshua staggering to the corner ,spitting out his gumshield and asking Rob such basic questions can never be forgotten ......'What will he do next'....OMG!

The big boys take the stage in February for the real marbles .They will be in prime condition master boxer against master knockout artist.Joshua would be well advised to stay in his box this time and rematch some second raters of which i'm sure is in Hearns plans.Sweet Caroline seems the only thing Ruiz didn't eat ......what a fat slob!

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

What makes yall think Wilder became a boxing god since Fury boxed his ears off?
                    Beating that Bretzel guy and a past 40 Ortiz?

Sure Wilder has crazy ko power and can fight his ass off, but the level of his PBC Bums opposition is fooling people into making them thinking that Wilder is the greatest HW puncher of all time and a P4P fighter.

Wilder can get clipped koed or outboxed quite frankly, he just hasn't met those guys yet.

Joshua has fought much better opposition.

Comment

Joshua did what he should of done & that was use his height & reach against Ruiz. He did a good job sticking to it for 12 rounds too.

I think he would have trouble with fury since fury is just as big as him unlike Ruiz who is short & easier to keep at bay.

I got D.Wilder dropping Joshua & Joshua won't recover from that so I bet it would be the last fight he would take.

Comment

Working...
                      X