• Show
Clear All

• Anyone else fear for Usyk's health now that he's going to heavyweight

Can't see this ending well for him. Excellent fighter, but there are limits

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    Only if he steps in with Wilder.

Comment

I think he must avoid Joshua, Fury and Wilder. I can see him competing with others.

Comment

Nah. I'm more worried about you and your dad because you lost all your life savings betting on Ruiz.

Comment

Ain't like this is some fragile little dude we're talking about, he's 6'3" and 215ish at HW, that's in the Holyfield ballpark or similar to Povetkin or Parker in contemporary terms. Didn't see anyone worrying too much about any of them.

Comment

By odd coincidence, I saw (and snapped a selfie with haha) both Chisora and Uysk at the airport in Saudi, they were both on the flight back to Dubai I think. Uysk looked absolutely huge in person, much much bigger than Chisora. If Chisora can handle his business at HW, i've no reason to believe Uysk can't.

As a side note, these guys were within 10ft of each other and neither spoke to the other. Not sure if that's a good sign for the fight or not. I did ask Uysk if it was Parker or Chisora next and he just shrugged and smiled haha

Comment

He's bigger and better than Hunter who he gave a pretty good beating to in CW. And he's acclimating okay to HW. Though nothing too special.

Maybe you're watching the wrong sport if you're concerned for someones health this much who doesn't even have their next fight lined up. It's not like he's up against some monster puncher next weekend.

Comment

The only thing I worry about is that Usyk seems to lack power, even at CW, he's more of a relentlessly consistent force. Perhaps this is not so much an issue when fighting against many of the current HWs, but I can't see Usyk earning any belts (which is not say that someone won't end up giving him a belt)

Comment

Working...
                X