No announcement yet.

What if Jesus was just a crazy person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    the following writers who lived during the time, or within a century after the time, that Jesus is supposed to have lived:

Josephus
    Juvenal
    Lucanus
    Philo-Judæus
    Martial
    Epictetus
    Seneca
    Persius
    Hermogones Silius Italicus
    Pliny Elder
    Plutarch
    Statius
    Arrian
    Pliny Younger
    Ptolemy
    Petronius
    Tacitus
    Appian
    Dion Pruseus
    Justus of Tiberius
    Phlegon
    Paterculus
    Apollonius
    Phædrus
    Suetonius
    Quintilian
    Valerius Maximus
    Pausanias
    Dio Chrysostom
    Lysias
    Florus Lucius
    Columella
    Pomponius Mela
    Lucian
    Valerius Flaccus
    Appion of Alexandria
    Quintius Curtius
    Damis
    Theon of Smyrna
    Aulus Gellius
    Favorinus

According to Remsburg, “Enough of the writings of the authors named in the foregoing list remains to form a library. Yet in this mass of Jewish and Pagan literature, aside from two forged passages in the works of a Jewish author, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers all born after Jesus supposedly died, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ.” Nor, we may add, do any of these authors make note of the Disciples or Apostles.
    nice ,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Ok, well good for you!

No one is attacking you or calling you names for your belief. If you feel that you need to do the same just because someone disagrees with you, then maybe you should check yourself.

Most of you Jesus believers want to negatively judge others for having different beliefs than your own belief that you have no hard proof over. Funny how that works.

The simple fact is there are no eye witnesses when it comes to Jesus. There were no contemporary writers who ever mentioned him. "Evidence" of his existence come from Christian writings, which is obviously biased, and the writings of people who were born after he supposedly died. Writings that were, surprise, surprise, dug up and preserved by Christians. That's it.

You, apparently, don't believe that Jesus performed any miracles, but rather believe he was, to paraphrase, leaning toward mental illness. So your entire reason for getting your panties in a knot over this is because you are so certain he existed and you want to drive it home that he was deluded and sick...????

Well since you wiped out the Christian writings for what even you would likely admit are lies regarding miracles he performed, and since they can't be trusted for their bias, and the other writings are highly debated because they are believed to be forgeries, I don't see what leg you have to stand on with regards to proof. But I won't call you names over your leap of faith.

Bruva.

If you want to know why some people doubt his existence, you can read articles like this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...oesnt-hold-up/

what part of "consensus among scholars is almost universal" isn't making it though your ears and into your head ? you got wax buildup? genuinely stupid?

tgat furn guy, who is again a house husband [and as we speak his wife has a hot load on her face from the nuts of another, more powerful male,] cited the work of ONE MAN, and the scholary consensus is that the man he cited is dead f3Cking wrong. i'm citing the consensus of scholars who study the bible, rome, jewish history, and more specifically the historicity of jesus. scholars don't even debate whether or not jesus existed any longer. they have better things to do with their time, it's all but accepted as a fact. like evolution or gravity. "technically still theory," but not worth looking into any more because of the wealth of evidence.

you think bibilical and jewish / roman scholars are pulling it out of their asses, or basing it on, you know, their life's work?

read that ****, p#ssy. read the bible, too. particularly the gospels. come back with a synopsis so i believe you actually read the things. there are four of them.

hell, even explain to me what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        nice ,,,,,,,,,

did you look into a word that f#ggot said, or did you just see a list and write nice and follow it up with a few commas?

jhonny knows more about the life of jesus than that clown. just trust me if you're not willing to do the research yourself, jesus of nazareth was almost surely a real person and scholars literally no longer debate it.

Comment

and thank you to the 4-5 people who green k'd me for the contributions ive made to this thread. in aiddiotn to being intelligent and arciulate as a mfer i am funbny and compelling and people read gladly what i've got to say.

don't fall into the trap of making yourself look stupid in an attempt to make yourself feel intelligent. stick to what you're good at. for some of you that's making baby formula and having dinner ready for your wife when she gets home. she's been working hard .

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            did you look into a word that f#ggot said, or did you just see a list and write nice and follow it up with a few commas?

jhonny knows more about the life of jesus than that clown. just trust me if you're not willing to do the research yourself, jesus of nazareth was almost surely a real person and scholars literally no longer debate it.
            he is the real deal....

he nailed his truth so much... jews who were power hungry.. killed him.... shame unto them...

mormons are full of crap.... not christian's
            Last edited by Zaroku; 12-06-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

what part of "consensus among scholars is almost universal" isn't making it though your ears and into your head ? you got wax buildup? genuinely stupid?

tgat furn guy, who is again a house husband [and as we speak his wife has a hot load on her face from the nuts of another, more powerful male,] cited the work of ONE MAN, and the scholary consensus is that the man he cited is dead f3Cking wrong. i'm citing the consensus of scholars who study the bible, rome, jewish history, and more specifically the historicity of jesus. scholars don't even debate whether or not jesus existed any longer. they have better things to do with their time, it's all but accepted as a fact. like evolution or gravity. "technically still theory," but not worth looking into any more because of the wealth of evidence.

you think bibilical and jewish / roman scholars are pulling it out of their asses, or basing it on, you know, their life's work?

read that ****, p#ssy. read the bible, too. particularly the gospels. come back with a synopsis so i believe you actually read the things. there are four of them.

I haven't seen you post anything that is undeniable proof that Jesus existed.

If you post it up, then maybe we can take a closer look. So just show us the evidence.

Furn posted this, in case you missed it.

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              the following writers who lived during the time, or within a century after the time, that Jesus is supposed to have lived:

Josephus
              Juvenal
              Lucanus
              Philo-Judæus
              Martial
              Epictetus
              Seneca
              Persius
              Hermogones Silius Italicus
              Pliny Elder
              Plutarch
              Statius
              Arrian
              Pliny Younger
              Ptolemy
              Petronius
              Tacitus
              Appian
              Dion Pruseus
              Justus of Tiberius
              Phlegon
              Paterculus
              Apollonius
              Phædrus
              Suetonius
              Quintilian
              Valerius Maximus
              Pausanias
              Dio Chrysostom
              Lysias
              Florus Lucius
              Columella
              Pomponius Mela
              Lucian
              Valerius Flaccus
              Appion of Alexandria
              Quintius Curtius
              Damis
              Theon of Smyrna
              Aulus Gellius
              Favorinus

According to Remsburg, “Enough of the writings of the authors named in the foregoing list remains to form a library. Yet in this mass of Jewish and Pagan literature, aside from two forged passages in the works of a Jewish author, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers all born after Jesus supposedly died, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ.” Nor, we may add, do any of these authors make note of the Disciples or Apostles.
              Last edited by travestyny; 12-06-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Are you talking about the same two writers who actually believed Hercules existed. Yea....that proves it

Hold up. I was busy and missed this part. Let's get something straight.....

wasn't it you that said Jesus was mostly likely a crazy person who was delusional. But the Bible says he performed miracles, right? Clearly that's bullshlt.

Congratulations, you just wrecked your own argument, "p#ssy."

he was either history's most brilliant conman, a deluded man, a good but dishonest man with a strange vision for a utopian future, or the actual son of god. i think he was a combination of the former three, leaning toward a mentally ill dude with incredible charisma and intellect who saw things that weren't there.

Or maybe he never existed and you fell for the con
                Last edited by travestyny; 12-06-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  Are you talking about the same two writers who actually believed Hercules existed. Yea....that proves it

Hold up. I was busy and missed this part. Let's get something straight.....

wasn't it you that said Jesus was mostly likely a crazy person who was delusional. But the Bible says he performed miracles, right? Clearly that's bullshlt.

Congratulations, you just wrecked your own argument, "p#ssy."

Or maybe he never existed and you fell for the con
                  he was not white, or blue eyesddeediddiddid.. he was a dark skinned man.. skintttetedd..... k he did not need copper tone... or spf... sun blocking chemicals... he had a fro..

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    How do you know he wasnt mentally challenged? Like those weirdo hippies at Venice Beach.

How do you know he wasnt a crazy, village idiot?
                    I think he's been under our noses the whole time ikigai is clearly jesus the son of god posts on Boxingscene. We're privileged.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      He could of had Buddhist training alot of the teachings in Christianity work as cues for mindfulness, not sure if thats my brain making them work or intentional, or if its co-incidentally related to Buddhism without any cross over
                      it actually is, in the very beginning of christianity there were two mainstreams factions of christianity , one much more like buddhism and the one that prevailed is what we have now more or less, it's even easy to hear is certain sayings from jesus himself , famous ones are

And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

Comment

Working...
                      X