Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch Generates Over $4 Million: 7,403 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    Say what you will, but he’s about 30 MILLION dollars short of where that deal would have taken him. I thought this PPV would have done a lot better than 275 since he’s been on a nice tear and the first fight was so good. Heck, his contract would have been half way done and he’s be free to go wherever he wanted in two fights. The Fury fight is going to have to be MASSIVE in order for him to even think about making up lost ground.

Regardless, he’s rich and is the most exciting fighter in boxing right now so he’ll be fine. I’m pulling for him to unify it all with that right hand.
    Explain how he is $30M short? There was $40M for the two non-Joshua fights in the 4-fight deal. He reportedly made around $20M for both Ortiz and Breazeale. The reported purse for PBC fighters is always less than what the fighters take home through the other financial streams Haymon sets up for them.

If you have a better number between the reports from ESPN and Forbes and the purses documented by the commission, I'd love to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      $22 million is US PPV Sales
      $8 Million International PPV Sales
      $4 Million Live Gate
      $4.5 Million Sponsorship Fees

$38.5 Million Cleared

After Payroll and provider fees fox cleared $5 million.

Nice for all parties.

Dazn still losing money lmao. PPV dead doe. Morons.

I think I lost brain cells reading this post.

$8 million in overseas sales??????
      LOLOLOLOLOLOL

$4 million in sponsorships????
      LOLOLOLOLOLOL

and as for the $22 million in PPV sales, you DO realize that Fox, and the cable distributors take a pretty hefty chunk of that money, dont you? The $22 million is probably closer to $14 or $15 million.......

And thats assuming the 275k buys number is valid, which I highly doubt. If it was valid, then why wouldnt Fox have released the number OFFICIALLY?? Wouldnt they want their shareholders to know that the event did more than the previously reported 138k??

hmmmmm.....

Comment

$22 million is US PPV Sales
        $8 Million International PPV Sales
        $4 Million Live Gate
        $4.5 Million Sponsorship Fees

$38.5 Million Cleared

After Payroll and provider fees fox cleared $5 million.

Nice for all parties.

Dazn still losing money lmao. PPV dead doe. Morons.
        The fight wasn't on PPV in most countries. It was on DAZN and Sky Sports. You're as delusional as when you said this fight was a sell out.

Comment

He can’t get 100 million from the DAZN because 80 million of that was to fight Joshua for undisputed but Joshua is not the champion anymore and Joshua is not signed to DAZN so the money fights wouldn’t happen and certainly not for that money. He’d just be stupidly signed to the DAZN for certainly less money. And what do you propose that he do if Ruiz wins again 🥺

Comment

Are those good numbers for the promotion? Yikes, I'd be more worried business wise about the guys putting this up on TV and not making a profit from it. They don't sound like that impressive numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Explain how he is $30M short? There was $40M for the two non-Joshua fights in the 4-fight deal. He reportedly made around $20M for both Ortiz and Breazeale. The reported purse for PBC fighters is always less than what the fighters take home through the other financial streams Haymon sets up for them.

If you have a better number between the reports from ESPN and Forbes and the purses documented by the commission, I'd love to know about it.
              I was simply doing an average, and figuring 40 mil per fight.

So far he’s made maybe 40 mil between his two fights so far, give or take, and with DAZN it would be around 80 mil total at this point.

He’s got to make another 80 million dollars in his next two at bats to equal what he passed up. As much as I like Wilder vs Fury 2, I don’t see him getting there. Hope I’m wrong, because he is THE guy to watch, but he probably would’ve done better at DAZN. Didn’t think so before, and have said as much in the past Im these forums, but now I’m changing my tune.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Average ticket price of 548 bucks.
                The Brits dont grasp the total picture..

90 thousand Brits saw Puzzyfruit struggle w old retired Wladimir..there gate was roughly 10.5 million

Wilder sells 7,500 tix
                Gets almost half the UK gate w 90k fans

And the site fee was not mentioned or bar viewing, Fox streaming

I thought the ppv would be 300 to 600k...live gate 13 k

But there was a hockey game a across the street on fight night..he had 18k fans

For Fury fight if there is a Hockey game that night.. Arum will really have to market this fight..

The Hockey game will take away fans.....again

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                  I was simply doing an average, and figuring 40 mil per fight.

So far he’s made maybe 40 mil between his two fights so far, give or take, and with DAZN it would be around 80 mil total at this point.

He’s got to make another 80 million dollars in his next two at bats to equal what he passed up. As much as I like Wilder vs Fury 2, I don’t see him getting there. Hope I’m wrong, because he is THE guy to watch, but he probably would’ve done better at DAZN. Didn’t think so before, and have said as much in the past Im these forums, but now I’m changing my tune.
                  The DAZN money was mainly 2 fight w Puzzyfruit...With the upset by Ruiz..

Those 2 fights will never happen in next 18 months

PUZZYFRUIT will be fighting soft touches for a while Uysk, Hunter Pulev, Hughie Fury, Whyte

Comment

How are the numbers made up

Gate was $4 million
                    275k Ppv = $22 million

Nice try troll
                    Add in the

Advertising
                    Ring logo
                    Site fee
                    Sky sports fee
                    Dazn fee for over seas
                    Other foreign cable operators

Bar viewing
                    Fox streaming
                    Vending
                    Delayed rights

Theres more to the picture than just gate,ppv

Note Top Rank owns many of Ali film rights

To this very day Arum is still getting paid every time ESPN shows a old Ali fight on ESPN fight classics

Haymon makes his fighters hold on to these rights as promoters

Thats one reason why Wilder said no to Dazn
                    Who wanted to own the film rights in USA

while Im sure Eddie would own film rights in UK

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                      Happens in professional sports. There are a number of instances where athletes ask to be the highest paid in their sport or position.
                      Athletes with a proven track record and huge at the box office. Wilder has never sold anything before so he can’t compete with Joshua who fights in stadiums and is endorsed by every company on earth. Just look at how much Joshua is making for the Ruiz rematch then compare it with the $4m Wilder made for the Ortiz rematch. DAZN didn’t build that network by making stupid decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X