No announcement yet.

Best Come-From-Behind Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Come-From-Behind Victory

Louis' victory over Conn probably runs away with it, in terms of popularity.

Chavez vs. Taylor comes in second, particularly because of how controversial it was.

But there's at least one that out-does them both.

I know I comedown hard on LaMotta quite often on this forum. I amworried that Iam beingoverly critical. So I will throw him a bone, and make nod to GhostofDempsey

Here's LaMotta avenging his loss to the VERY TALENTED Dauthille, with the greatest come-from-behind win of all time. Vintage LaMotta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFtOnN4V5uw

Does it have to be a long fight that ended in the championship rounds? In that case Cavez-Taylor for me, When Chavez landed a huge right hand that started that big drama show, he hunted Taylor down like a predator goes after wounded prey. Goosebumps are never absent when watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      Does it have to be a long fight that ended in the championship rounds? In that case Cavez-Taylor for me, When Chavez landed a huge right hand that started that big drama show, he hunted Taylor down like a predator goes after wounded prey. Goosebumps are never absent when watching that.
      Preferably a fight where the eventual winner was down after 12 rounds, or heading into the final rounds of a fight scheduled less than 15.

I guess fights of the Willard-Johnson type should be counted, too.

But really, anything is worth mentioning.

I agree. Chavez was biding his time. Not trying to rush for the finish before the opportunity clearly presented itself. He was going to try to force it, to risk giving Taylor an escape or opportunity to counter with effective offense.

Totally different than Tua. You could see Tua was always trying to dothe Chavez thing. But Chavez against Taylor was amazing....he STOPPED Taylor from running, and made great use of what was available to him.

I have often suspected Walker-Flowers was similar, and the judges were smart enough to separate effective offense from flashy offense.

Anyway, the right call wasmade. Taylor wasa broken man.

Comment

Marquese versus Pac. Def one of the best.

Comment

Kevin Kelley had a pretty good one against Ricardo Rivera too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDZJril1JC0

Comment

Kevin Kelly and Derrick Gainer

Comment

This is the king of come from behind victory:

Comment

After 2 days no one has mentioned Corrales-Castillo??

Another wild come-from-behind win was Arnold Taylor flattening Romeo Anaya with a single punch... after he himself had been down 4 times.

Shannon Briggs' last-second (literally) win over Liakhovich also comes to mind.

Comment

LaMotta vs Dauthille is definitely up there. Foreman vs. Moorer comes to mind. Walcott was schooling Marciano for 12 rounds until he got KO'd in the next round.

Comment

Jorge Castro vs John David Jackson, hands down.

Also, Iran Barkley knocking out Thomas Hearns in their first fight after being butchered for the first two rounds and a half.

And, of course, Micky Ward vs Alfonso Sanchez.

Your Arturo Gatti fight of choice (...perhaps vs Wilson Rodriguez?)

Finally, let me jump on the Foreman vs Moorer bandwagon...

...but one could argue that the greatest come-from-behind win of all time is Ali vs Foreman
                    Last edited by Tatabanya; 12-02-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X