No announcement yet.

Be fair and don't hate a guy because he beat your idol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be fair and don't hate a guy because he beat your idol

There are few unluckier guys in boxing history than Holyfield.
    Robbed of Olympic gold, which made his pro purses far smaller.
    Accused of headbutting which biased and unfair Tyson fans use as an excuse to take away credit from his great victory...despite Jim Gray showing Tyson the replays that CLEARLY show it was Tyson trying to get a butt in to get a DQ or NC.
    He was robbed of becoming 5 time heavyweight champ due to being docked a point for a low blow that was a legit knockdown of Ruiz, but then Ruiz was not docked for a deliberate low blow straight after.
    He was robbed of becoming 6 time heavy champ after easily outpointing Valuev. This was the biggest weight discrepancy in heavyweight boxing history too btw.
    Further credit is taken from him for apparently being a steroid cheat..despite the fact that he never tested positive in any fight before or after, and despite the fact that the weight jump was nothing compared to many other boxers. The cruiser limit is 14st 4 and he fought the almost 18st Bowe at 14st 10 having trained with a pro body builder and personal nutritionist.
    If he did take steroids it was only to help him get to heavyweight and since he had nothing in his system whilst in the ring, and whilst virtually all his opponents still outweighed him(some by a wide margin) he was hardly at an advantage.
    Let us not forget, he was a natural light heavy, not cruiser.
    Let us not forget that the ring magazine said he would not last one round with Tyson.
    Tyson fans who say Tyson was not at his best should not forget that Holyfield was said to be shot after struggling with former middleweight, Bobby Czyz.
    Many people listen to biased, haters and have it in their heads that he was a dirty fighter and drug cheat, with absolutely not one replay or slo mo, to back the dirty fighter accusations up, and no positive drug test acquired.
    Give the guy the credit he deserves, he was an absolute warrior, who ducked no one, and never bad mouthed his opponents.

I was and am a big fan of Duran. When Ray fought him I expected a good fight but Ray really impressed me with his determination and boxing skills. I became a fan. I was a fan of all the 4 kings. Duran Leonard Hagler and Hearns.. You'll never see that again..

Comment

Originally posted by chaconfan View Post
      There are few unluckier guys in boxing history than Holyfield.
      Robbed of Olympic gold, which made his pro purses far smaller.
      Accused of headbutting which biased and unfair Tyson fans use as an excuse to take away credit from his great victory...despite Jim Gray showing Tyson the replays that CLEARLY show it was Tyson trying to get a butt in to get a DQ or NC.
      He was robbed of becoming 5 time heavyweight champ due to being docked a point for a low blow that was a legit knockdown of Ruiz, but then Ruiz was not docked for a deliberate low blow straight after.
      He was robbed of becoming 6 time heavy champ after easily outpointing Valuev. This was the biggest weight discrepancy in heavyweight boxing history too btw.
      Further credit is taken from him for apparently being a steroid cheat..despite the fact that he never tested positive in any fight before or after, and despite the fact that the weight jump was nothing compared to many other boxers. The cruiser limit is 14st 4 and he fought the almost 18st Bowe at 14st 10 having trained with a pro body builder and personal nutritionist.
      If he did take steroids it was only to help him get to heavyweight and since he had nothing in his system whilst in the ring, and whilst virtually all his opponents still outweighed him(some by a wide margin) he was hardly at an advantage.
      Let us not forget, he was a natural light heavy, not cruiser.
      Let us not forget that the ring magazine said he would not last one round with Tyson.
      Tyson fans who say Tyson was not at his best should not forget that Holyfield was said to be shot after struggling with former middleweight, Bobby Czyz.
      Many people listen to biased, haters and have it in their heads that he was a dirty fighter and drug cheat, with absolutely not one replay or slo mo, to back the dirty fighter accusations up, and no positive drug test acquired.
      Give the guy the credit he deserves, he was an absolute warrior, who ducked no one, and never bad mouthed his opponents.
      Amazing fighter. His fights with Lewis and Bowe were damned good. Factor in the size differences and it was incredible what he accomplished.

Comment

If he did take steroids it was only to help him get to heavyweight

Evan Fields saga was 2007. It is unacceptable in boxing of all sports to take performance enhancing drugs... there is no evidence to suggest Holyfield took them prior to his aging... however without spending time on it he did have heart issues at 31.

Comment

IF he took steroids, it was only to be able to put on enough weight to make the heavyweight limit. He was STILL massively outweighed by most of his HW opponents, and NEVER tested positive before or after a fight, therefore he had NO advantage in the ring whatsoever. Tyson came into the ring with cocaine in his system and most top athletes use something. The Klitschko's def did.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            I was and am a big fan of Duran. When Ray fought him I expected a good fight but Ray really impressed me with his determination and boxing skills. I became a fan. I was a fan of all the 4 kings. Duran Leonard Hagler and Hearns.. You'll never see that again..
            Thanks for joining in, but I don't know why you mentioned this on this particular thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Amazing fighter. His fights with Lewis and Bowe were damned good. Factor in the size differences and it was incredible what he accomplished.
              Thank you pal. His fights with Bert Cooper, Dwight Qawi, Tyson, Alex Stewart, Foreman, McDonagh, Parkey and many others were better than the Lewis ones, but I only say that in case you haven't seen them. If not hope you enjoy them.

Comment

Thank you pal. His fights with Bert Cooper, Dwight Qawi, Tyson, Alex Stewart, Foreman, McDonagh, Parkey and many others were better than the Lewis ones, but I only say that in case you haven't seen them. If not hope you enjoy them.
                I've seen most of them but it was a long time ago. I might get on YouTube and refresh my memory.

Comment

Thanks for joining in, but I don't know why you mentioned this on this particular thread.
                  I was responding to the thread title..

Comment

IF he took steroids, it was only to be able to put on enough weight to make the heavyweight limit.
                    Holyfield was not some small cruiserweight who had to eat himself fat to make 190+, he was already at weight before he stepped into the mix. Needing a second chance to make weight against Carlos De Leon in '88 should of made you aware of that.

He was STILL massively outweighed by most of his HW opponents
                    Except from the Bowe fights what opponent massively outweighed Holyfield who had an actual chance of beating him?

and NEVER tested positive before or after a fight
                    How stringent was testing during the period? What were they testing for?

therefore he had NO advantage in the ring whatsoever.
                    If he did, do you actually believe that?

Comment

Working...
                    X