No announcement yet.

Hopkins The TV Commentator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins The TV Commentator

Does anyone else find bhop calling fights one of the funniest performances of the year? He is clearly stealing money from the networks and has a great seat at the fights.

First the Paulie/Broner performance and now last night. I particularly enjoy when they "throw" to him for analysis and he stands there saying nothing smiling.

Absolutely. I think retired boxers should always be hired as commentators. My favorites are George Foreman, Roy Jones Jr., and Sugar Ray Leonard.
    Last edited by SN!PER; 08-20-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

He's still getting the hang of it. It's funny he can have Fidel Castro like speeches for 8.5 hours straight but he's a bit short commentating.

Comment

i think of Bernard's gap teeth everytime i hear him talk

Comment

He has come along way. 4 to 5 years ago when I would listen to him try and speak intelligently I would say to myself stop forcing it. But he's getting better. I actually thought last night was the best I've ever heard him commentate.

Comment

I really want to hear him and Roy jones on the same broadcasting Team lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              I really want to hear him and Roy jones on the same broadcasting Team lol
              With James Toney doing the scorecards!

Originally posted by Natas
              Hopkins & Roy Jones commentating. James Toney as unofficial scorer.

Hopkins: James, how do you see the fight after three?

Toney: Ok 'Nard, I have the fight 8-1.

Hopkins: There's only been three rounds?

Toney: My talent speaks for itself, I ain’t gotta answer nobody else’s questions. I’m going home, we’re gonna have a party! My birthday was Monday, now I finally get to go home and enjoy it with some Burger King. Here I come baby! Burger King! Burger King!

Jones: Hahahaha, God is great!
              Last edited by ИATAS; 08-20-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                This must be done now lmao

Comment

Hopkins loves to hear himself talk. Look at the guys interviews. He thinks he's saying some really wise profound **** but in actuality, it's utter drivel most of the time.

They should hire his daddy, Sir Joseph Calzaghe, to co-commentate so he'll be a little quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Roy, I gotta tell ya something.

Comment

Working...
                    X