Sonny Liston Rare Interview.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Liston Rare Interview.

From MrBumboClart.

Liston always comes across as such a nice guy in these video's/interviews, its almost hard to believe he was such a badass...

Comment

I've been looking for an interview of him! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Liston always comes across as such a nice guy in these video's/interviews, its almost hard to believe he was such a badass...

It might have been different if a policeman was doing the interviews! Ha ha

But to be fair, many people have commented on how personable he could be, he seemed to have a very underestimated sense of humour and he was apparently terrific with children.

Comment

Liston is the most frigtening man that ever lived.

Even when he's smiling and being polite he's terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            It might have been different if a policeman was doing the interviews! Ha ha

But to be fair, many people have commented on how personable he could be, he seemed to have a very underestimated sense of humour and he was apparently terrific with children.
            I believe it was Patterson that said Liston was best with children and elderly people because he felt that they weren't judging him.

Liston and his legacy is one of boxing's saddest stories, in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks Barnburner!

Comment

This is the first sit down interview I ever saw of Liston. In a lot of ways he's like Tyson. Gentle giants. Seemed like a very intelligent dude but media turns people into canibal for effect.

Comment

It is insightful that he said he stepping into the ring first at 13 (and took a beating and then again at 218lbs when he was 18.

I have read "Sonny Liston: His Life, Striker and Phantom Punch" and "Liston & Ali: The Ugly Bear and the Boy Who Would Be King" plus in Ali biographies where a section was dedicated to Liston. I none of these books have they mentioned Liston started boxing at 13 and then at 18 when he was 218lbs.

Comment

Had to bump this up.

One of the greatest fighters and punchers of all-time. Heavyweight, or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X