Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm assuming the reason for Pac fighting Mosley is Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm assuming the reason for Pac fighting Mosley is Floyd?

I maybe completely wrong, but I immediately assumed the plan is for Manny to fight Mosley and try to destroy him.

Which in turn will better Pac when compared with Floyd, increase the pressure for the fight to be made, etc.

A Berto fight isn't going to do that. And the patient cobra of JMM is a more difficult way of putting the pressure on compared to the fight Shane will bring.

This isn't to excuse the fight. I don't want to see it and would prefer another opponent. But I can understand why it's being made.

that proves nothing with a SHOT mosley. everyone expects mosley to get completely destroyed...you are wrong

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
      I maybe completely wrong, but I immediately assumed the plan is for Manny to fight Mosley and try to destroy him.

Which in turn will better Pac when compared with Floyd, increase the pressure for the fight to be made, etc.

A Berto fight isn't going to do that. And the patient cobra of JMM is a more difficult way of putting the pressure on compared to the fight Shane will bring.

This isn't to excuse the fight. I don't want to see it and would prefer another opponent. But I can understand why it's being made.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post

Hilarious gif!

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            that proves nothing with a SHOT mosley. everyone expects mosley to get completely destroyed...you are wrong
            I know, but since when do fans who buy the Pac-Clottey PPV and turn up and cheer the fight care, or indeed know, about that?

That's the comparison that will be made and in the media.

They're not trying to convince the posters "yesir", "V-3" or "P4P305" on Boxingscene.

Pac's (likely) destroying of Mosley compared to Floyd's 12 round decision where he was wobbled will be the comparison, whether you like it or not.

Again, I don't agree with it. I probably won't watch it. But you're deluded if you can't see them trying to spin the win that way.

Comment

Pacquiao does fight a lot of Mayweather's previous opponents and to me it seems like there trying to make a point of 'we beat Mosley better than you did' sort of thing for higher grounds on negotiations (if they ever happen again).

I wish he'd just fight JMM for a third time as he was impressive in his last win, unlike Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
                Pacquiao does fight a lot of Mayweather's previous opponents and to me it seems like there trying to make a point of 'we beat Mosley better than you did' sort of thing for higher grounds on negotiations (if they ever happen again).

I wish he'd just fight JMM for a third time as he was impressive in his last win, unlike Mosley.
                And this isn't disrespectful towards Pacquiao, what he's done has been outstanding but winning a 154 belt at 150 catchweight irritated me and picking Mosley over a young dangerous fighter or JMM who deserve this fight more than Mosley.

Comment

Last year Roach said Mosley was too dangerous.They even mentioned 142 as a way of getting Mosley off their back.Arum later said Mosley was the most dangerous opponent Floyd was gonna face.So we all know reason Pacquiao didnt fight Mosley then was because Mosley was dangerous.

Come Floyd Mayweather,destroys Mosley and now Pacquiao knows Mosley isnt the same fighter after that destruction.This is just careful match making just like fighting DelaHoya because he 'couldnt pull the trigger' or Hatton because 'he's finished',or Margarito because he has no defence.

These guys have no intention of fighting Mayweather.They got the chance and left to sign Clottey,what was that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post

I'm glad someone's seeing this objectively. Arum gets nothing out of this other than money, and taunting rights against Floyd. Hence it's being done for money, and taunting rights against Floyd.

I'd personally prefer Berto. I think it would be the more interesting fight. But certainly Pac-Mosley is a waste compared to the other fights out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X