Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I Buy A 60GB PS3 (The Discontinued Version) Can I still play it online?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] If I Buy A 60GB PS3 (The Discontinued Version) Can I still play it online?

Due to Playstation discontiuing it, will it still be able to play online and will it come with Wi Fii and and bluray etc?

Thanks!

Yes, it is will work as long as Sony supports ANY PS3. Its the same as the newer PS3's except that it has backward compatibility, is bigger and louder. You can even play PS2 games online on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
      Yes, it is will work as long as Sony supports ANY PS3. Its the same as the newer PS3's except that it has backward compatibility, is bigger and louder. You can even play PS2 games online on it.
      Thanks man. You got a 60GB PS3?

Comment

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
        Thanks man. You got a 60GB PS3?
        Yeah, I replaced the HDD though with a 750GB drive. I got a good deal on it ~$80 IIRC. Needed more room since I put a lot of fights and PPV events on my PS3 and also a few movies.
        Last edited by Left2body; 02-19-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I got the 60GB model.. I turned it into a 500GB PS3 though. Best version they ever made. Don't care for the slim versions.

Comment

I had a 60gb launch model (EU version) but it died on me twice. I switched to the slim and it hasn't really made a difference the EU PS3 played PS2 games really badly which led top me selling all my PS2 games.

Now that GOW collection is out and the rumoured ICO and Shadow of Colossus HD versions hopefully being made as they were two of my favourite PS2 series (now I need the MGS games ported) the change to a slim hasn't really caused any problems. Infact it's quieter, smaller and I think it looks better oh and isn't dead

Comment

Is the 60gb(dicontinued) bigger than the non-slim PS3s they're making now?

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate18x View Post
                Is the 60gb(dicontinued) bigger than the non-slim PS3s they're making now?
                the 20,60,80 are all the same dimensions

differences are internal

but the shell or body is identical

i had a launch day 60 and loved it, but it went south so i traded it in for a 120 slim... they are quite nice and small and quiet!

i never used any of the additional features of the 60 but still agree it was the best one they made!

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                  the 20,60,80 are all the same dimensions

differences are internal

but the shell or body is identical

i had a launch day 60 and loved it, but it went south so i traded it in for a 120 slim... they are quite nice and small and quiet!

i never used any of the additional features of the 60 but still agree it was the best one they made!
                  Yeah, I pretty much use none of the extra features the launch PS3 has. I only played PS2 games for about 6months after the PS3 launch. The only thing I really use are the extra USB ports. My headphones Astro A40's are powered via USB & it needs a USB adapter so thats 2 USB ports right there.

I also have a slim and it is quieter and runs cooler. When I had my PS3 in my living room entertainment cabinet my PS3 fat would overheat. My PS3 slim doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                    Yeah, I pretty much use none of the extra features the launch PS3 has. I only played PS2 games for about 6months after the PS3 launch. The only thing I really use are the extra USB ports. My headphones Astro A40's are powered via USB & it needs a USB adapter so thats 2 USB ports right there.

I also have a slim and it is quieter and runs cooler. When I had my PS3 in my living room entertainment cabinet my PS3 fat would overheat. My PS3 slim doesn't.
                    i use my 80gig for streaming media from my Mac, like movies and episodes and whatnot, thats in the living room..

i got my fixed slim friday, so thats in the basement where i game!!

Comment

Working...
                    X