No announcement yet.

Pazienza-Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pazienza-Ward

In 1987 just after Pazienza beat Haugen for the 135lb IBF title match maker Teddy Brenner tried to make this fight to be held at the Boston garden. Ward was 14-0 and an up and comer, but Paz saw it as a step backwards and declined. IF it had happened how would it have played out? Paz had tremendous speed at this weight and was much more experienced against a better class of fighter. He did have a tendancy to cut and swell though. Could Ward make a fight of it, or would Vinny be to much?

i think both Ward and Paz would get lured into a war with each other,
    no doubt it would be exciting.

i think Ward would out-tough him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
      i think both Ward and Paz would get lured into a war with each other,
      no doubt it would be exciting.

i think Ward would out-tough him tho.
      Thats because being from Lowell, you're biased. Than again, being from Providence Im biased towards Paz.

Have you read "Irish thunder"? Im reading it now and think its excellent so far.

Comment

yea ive read it, its a great book, micky had it hard.

and yea im a little bias lol,

but like you said, ur from providence lol.

but being from lowell and watching micky live,
        i love da guy, i got to meet him a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
          yea ive read it, its a great book, micky had it hard.

and yea im a little bias lol,

but like you said, ur from providence lol.

but being from lowell and watching micky live,
          i love da guy, i got to meet him a few times.
          I've seen Vinny fight live about 15 times or so but never got to see Micky live. Would have loved to though, he's always been one of my favs. I love hard nosed fighters who are willing to eat some punches and then are as humble as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I've seen Vinny fight live about 15 times or so but never got to see Micky live. Would have loved to though, he's always been one of my favs. I love hard nosed fighters who are willing to eat some punches and then are as humble as can be.
            yea, me to,
            but yea, i saw micky beat reggie green in an epic last round KO.
            i saw the 1st ward vs. gatti fight, best night of my life.

ive got to meet him at my gym a couple of times, he's a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              In 1987 just after Pazienza beat Haugen for the 135lb IBF title match maker Teddy Brenner tried to make this fight to be held at the Boston garden. Ward was 14-0 and an up and comer, but Paz saw it as a step backwards and declined. IF it had happened how would it have played out? Paz had tremendous speed at this weight and was much more experienced against a better class of fighter. He did have a tendancy to cut and swell though. Could Ward make a fight of it, or would Vinny be to much?
              Jab, at that weight Paz had excellent hand speed (like you said) and much more experience than Ward at the world class level. I see Paz winning a comfortable decision at that stage of their careers.

Comment

Working...
              X