Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Did you have Ward up 5-2?
    Had it even

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
      Exactly they were casuals like you. You'll never give ward credit. How many times will it take for you to be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        Stop with your agenda. Ward shut this dude out. No way kovalev won a round. Competitive yes but Ward dug in this boy and took him out! Tony Weeks saved this boy from extra beating. And why is nobody talking about steve erkul trunks that was up to kovalev's nipples?
        You're just as dense as he is if you really think Ward won every round.... that's the most stupid and ridiculous thing I've heard regarding that fight and I've heard plenty of dumb stuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He should be neutral
          Are you saying you think he should have waited til he was asked by the NSAC? I suppose that's reasonable, but do you actually know for sure that ain't what happened? Bennet says he spoke to Hauser and Hauser sent him a video - it's not an unreasonable supposition to make that Bennet asked for the video even if he didn't specifically say so. Anyway, I'm thinking this is almost certainly a non-issue.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-19-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Ward was going to win, but Weeks ****ed it up with that strange stoppage.

I never ever in my life seen someone stop a fight and call it off over a guy holding his cup

If Kovalev was rolling on the floor in pain thats the only time id say yeah body shot stoppage.

Weeks soiled Wards victory, I said if someone gets knocked out its Kovalev, it was bittersweet, I wanted Ward to get that legit KO not some controversial ****, im still happy he won, but man Weeks mucked it up bad. it was almost like a fix was in.

Kova was ready to quit Ward rocked him, and was going for the kill. stupid stoppage though and very questionable let Ward get the TKO the right way man.

This was def a weird stoppage, also that Rigo should have been DQ, nobody should defend that ****, Rigo would have won but we have to be fair he broke the rules and Bob Bennett and Robert Byrd were swaying Drakulich to not giving a NC or DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
              LOL exact same here. My friends watching don't even follow boxing and thought it was BS and looked corrupt. They all thought kovalev was dominating too

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                You're just as dense as he is if you really think Ward won every round.... that's the most stupid and ridiculous thing I've heard regarding that fight and I've heard plenty of dumb stuff said.
                I see punches are too fast for your eyes to follow. Go watch it again in slow motion. Then you'll see what you said is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  n all fairness to Kathy, she’s upset. It’s her fighter,” Bennett said to USA Today. “I felt we had it right the first time. And I thought Tony did a great job this time. I’ve reviewed the fight this morning. I looked at those punches that were allegedly low, and even spoke to (HBO’s) Tom Hauser, who sent me a video, saying one of those punches was low but it was very hard to determine because Kovalev’s arm was by his waist, and the punch looks like it comes up underneath and hits on the belt line.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nsac-exec....siF1gTE7.dpuf

An HBO employee is sending the Nevada State Commissioner a video and telling him it was a low blow. When did HBO get in the business of trying to influence the outcome of fights? They're supposed to be a neutral party whose job it is to air fights, that's it. Their former employee was also a judge for this fight, Steve Weisfeld. He also had Kovalev up 5-2 going into the 8th.
                  Uh, maybe because HBO aired and recorded the fight & the NSAC asked for evidence to support the argument that Ward hit Kovalev low.

Comment

HBO can do whatever they want. Kov is always going to be seen as a mentally weak f@g for going out the way he did.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone had Kov up on the cards 5-2 at that point. 4-3 maybe...even some of the folks i watched it with had him up 4-3. I had Ward up 4-3; with round 8 about to be given to Ward to put him up 5-3 in my eyes.

Now the low blow in question, was in fact a low blow. I was rooting for Ward as well, but before who root for, real sport enthusiast should root for objective fairness in all sporting matches. Clear instruction was given prior to this fight as in every other fight - no hitting below the belt. The instructions were not "you can hit below the belt just don't touch his nuts" - it's no hitting below the belt. The big frontal letters on Kovs shorts are about an inch below his (white) beltline. Wards glove when contact is made is clearly on the "B" with the top half of his glove also just below the waistline. Kov shoudl have been given time to recover and a point shoudl have been taken from Ward as he had been warned earlier for the previous low blow which Meeks caught.

Lastly, HBO and anyone else in the business of putting on supposed "FAIR SPORTING EVENTS" that involve the consumer to view the sporting event as being one with integrity and credibilty does have an interest in ensuring that fair and impartial reviews are common place so that correct and sound decisions are arrived at. When that happens INTEGRITY & TRUSTWORTHINESS is created, sustatined and sometimes increased (a plus for any business selling something to a consumer; business 101); when the opposite happens...well, the opposite happens...no bueno.

Comment

Working...
                      X