No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    Well you don't put much thought into your post either because you're rambling about nothing. You answered your own question. Golovkin was only appointed the Interim WBC because he was able to fight for, and win the title

why Rubio had the belt is beyond me. But not shocking that a Mexican fighter gets preferential treatement from a Mexican based santioning org.

Klitschko has absolutely nothing to do with Golovkin and the WBC. Didn't Wlad fight Povetkin and take his WBA belt? That has nothing to do with the WBC. Povetkin currently has the WBC Silver for what it's worth.

they probably didn't award Kitschko with the Interim WBC belt ... because it wasn't held by Povetkin at that time.

Sanctioning orgs do all kinds of corrupt s*it .. I dunno why you're asking me. At times it looks a lot like they're giving preferential treatment for example

Sergio Martinez seemingly got stripped of his title for no apparent reason. Chavez Jr. goes on to win vacant WBC belt.

Tim Bradley was allowed to unify with the WBO, then stripped of his WBC belt for not fighting Alexander (who went on to beat Junior Witter)

I know how Golovkin got the Interim belt you muppet. see my quote you took, "pretty sure Golovkin is ranked at Middleweight by the WBC because he holds the Interim WBC title."

reading is fundamental.
    reading is fundamental, so lets have another go.....

The bold, are just some of the reasons why the WBC have no credibility.

So why the fcuk would anyone take them or their " decisions " seriously?

Klitschko beat Povetkin, so there is NO POSSIBLE JUSTIFICATION for the WBC failing to recognise him..... if it is possible for them to rank Golovkin, then it is impossible for them not to rank Klitschko.

Klitschko is OBVIOUSLY the best heavyweight on the planet.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

So, it appears that either the WBC have got some weird creepy kind of man-love going on for Golovkin, like some of the posters on this site..... or they have dug up some other reason to steer Golovkin toward the green belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Let's see if you can understand this:

Would you in volontary negotiations accept a worse split and worse terms than what you would get in a pursebid? Ie would you accept less than 30% and a CW when you are certain of getting 30% and 160 lbs if you just wait for the pursebid?

Don't tell me you don't get it. It's a very easy concept.
      You gotta be an IDIOT!!! First you were wrong about the purse split rules, ok, now you want to change your argument, fine. WTF don't you understand, the fight will not go to a purse bid because fighters at Cotto's level either get what they want (or Close to it) or walk away. So what about this do you not understand? If GGG does not agree to Cotto's terms (or close to it) Cotto walks and GGG's biggest payday and name goes with him. The fight will not go to a purse bid, get it through your head.

Comment

• Klichko WBC ranking (or lack thereof) could be explained by that he may not requested it from WBC, being that Vitaliy is/was their Champion Emeritus and he wasn't going to fight his brother. Or maybe he just didn't pay them sanctioning fees to rank him?
        Last edited by mick1303; 10-22-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
          You gotta be an IDIOT!!! First you were wrong about the purse split rules, ok, now you want to change your argument, fine. WTF don't you understand, the fight will not go to a purse bid because fighters at Cotto's level either get what they want (or Close to it) or walk away. So what about this do you not understand? If GGG does not agree to Cotto's terms (or close to it) Cotto walks and GGG's biggest payday and name goes with him. The fight will not go to a purse bid, get it through your head.
          Listen Little buddy. My argument has been the same all the way through and my reasoning is sensible.

Since GGG is saying that he wants no CW, you are saying that Cotto is a wimp and will not fight him. I think you might be correct.

Comment

• Golovkin = Interim WBC ... Wlad = No WBC anything

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
            Klichko WBC ranking (or lack thereof) could be explained by that he may not requested it from WBC, being that Vitaliy is/was their Champion Emeritus and he wasn't going to fight his brother. Or maybe he just didn't pay them sanctioning fees to rank him?
            bolded - it might be that simple.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            reading is fundamental, so lets have another go.....

The bold, are just some of the reasons why the WBC have no credibility.

So why the fcuk would anyone take them or their " decisions " seriously?

Klitschko beat Povetkin, so there is NO POSSIBLE JUSTIFICATION for the WBC failing to recognise him..... if it is possible for them to rank Golovkin, then it is impossible for them not to rank Klitschko.

Klitschko is OBVIOUSLY the best heavyweight on the planet.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

So, it appears that either the WBC have got some weird creepy kind of man-love going on for Golovkin, like some of the posters on this site..... or they have dug up some other reason to steer Golovkin toward the green belt.
            Well the fact that there's 4 Major sanctioning organizations ... don't you find that a little excessive/unneccesary? The WBA for example can have up to 3 recognized belt holders in a single division. That to me just looks like a cheap way to gain extra sanctioning fees and it's beyond me why any boxer/promoter would go through with that nonsense

these orgs are all about making money.

the reading comment had nothing to do with you, lol. But it might have to, because I'm asking what does Wlad have to do with GGG and the WBC? talk about a creepy man-love thing.

When Wlad fought Povetkin, Povetkin didn't have ANY WBC trinkets (Interim or the Silver he has now)

^ with that said, if no WBC belts were on the line why should Wlad have been ranked by the WBC for beating Povetkin?

Provided Wlad gets by Fury next month, and Wlad chooses to go after the WBC, maybe they'll make up a Diamond/Interim title that Wlad can target and go after in hopes of unifying all the belts

Side note - Here's the WBC's top 10 at Middleweight. Do you see GGG listed anywhere?

1 .- Saul Alvarez (Mexico)
            2 .- Jorge Sebastian Heiland (Argentina) INTL
            3 .- Tureano Johnson (US) SILVER
            4 .- Arif Magomedov (Russia)
            5 .- Ryota Murata (Japan)
            6 .- Michel Soro (France) EBU
            7 .- Avtandil Khurtsidze (Ukraine)
            8 .- Dominic Wade (US)
            9 .- Curtis Stevens (US)
            10 .- Andrey Meryasev (Russia) BALTIC

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/ratings?layout=edit&id=145

I don't see why you're being a dick about it. You asked a question regarding GGG and the WBC and I responded that Golovkin has status in the WBC because he's their Interim champ at Middleweight. Note that there's rude tone about it, or name calling. Yet you still seem pretty dense about the issue and keep throwing Wlad into it, which makes no sense. And Klitschko being the best HW, again has absolutely nothing to do with the Golovkin situation.

until he wins something WBC Wlad currently has no place in the WBC/Golovkin argument yet he keeps getting brought up for some strange reason. Do you have a man crush going toward Wlad?

Golovkin didn't get his "appointment" because his promoters put a bid into the WBC, he won the Interim belt from Rubio.

Comment

• aboutfkntime - Saw your bit about the

** "It is against the WBC rules to rank the WBA champion."

and looking at my above example which lists the WBC's top 10 at Middleweight, you won't find Golovkin listed

Golovkin holds the Interim WBC, but he isn't ranked, so the WBC wouldn't be in violation of their own rules.

^pretty cut and dry. Refer to the post above where the WBC's rankings at Middleweight are posted

As for the Wlad and Povetkin example you keep bringing up. Going into the fight with Wlad, I think it's worth noting that Povetkin had the WBA regular title

So if the WBC rules say the WBC cannot rank WBA champs - How could Povetkin be ranked by the WBC?

YOU - "The WBC should have ranked Klitschko when he beat their #1 guy Povetkin."

Povetkin only acquired his WBC ranking after losing to Wlad.
              Last edited by MJ406; 10-22-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

aboutfkntime - Saw your bit about the

** "It is against the WBC rules to rank the WBA champion."

and looking at my above example which lists the WBC's top 10 at Middleweight, you won't find Golovkin listed

Golovkin holds the Interim WBC, but he isn't ranked, so the WBC wouldn't be in violation of their own rules.

^pretty cut and dry. Refer to the post above where the WBC's rankings at Middleweight are posted

As for the Wlad and Povetkin example you keep bringing up. Going into the fight with Wlad, I think it's worth noting that Povetkin had the WBA regular title

So if the WBC rules say the WBC cannot rank WBA champs - How could Povetkin be ranked by the WBC?

YOU - "The WBC should have ranked Klitschko when he beat their #1 guy Povetkin."

Povetkin only acquired his WBC ranking after losing to Wlad.
                When Sillyman Jr. took office at the WBC, he stated that he was in favour of more unification fights for the better of the sport. I cannot remember how it was outlined concrete, but it certainly was a change from his fathers stance.

There was some news articles here on boxingscene about it which might throw some light on it inclusive the Wlad situation which I agree, has nothing to do with GGG and Cotto at all.

Comment

bolded - it might be that simple.

Well the fact that there's 4 Major sanctioning organizations ... don't you find that a little excessive/unneccesary? The WBA for example can have up to 3 recognized belt holders in a single division. That to me just looks like a cheap way to gain extra sanctioning fees and it's beyond me why any boxer/promoter would go through with that nonsense

these orgs are all about making money.

the reading comment had nothing to do with you, lol. But it might have to, because I'm asking what does Wlad have to do with GGG and the WBC? talk about a creepy man-love thing.

When Wlad fought Povetkin, Povetkin didn't have ANY WBC trinkets (Interim or the Silver he has now)

^ with that said, if no WBC belts were on the line why should Wlad have been ranked by the WBC for beating Povetkin?

Provided Wlad gets by Fury next month, and Wlad chooses to go after the WBC, maybe they'll make up a Diamond/Interim title that Wlad can target and go after in hopes of unifying all the belts

Side note - Here's the WBC's top 10 at Middleweight. Do you see GGG listed anywhere?

1 .- Saul Alvarez (Mexico)
                  2 .- Jorge Sebastian Heiland (Argentina) INTL
                  3 .- Tureano Johnson (US) SILVER
                  4 .- Arif Magomedov (Russia)
                  5 .- Ryota Murata (Japan)
                  6 .- Michel Soro (France) EBU
                  7 .- Avtandil Khurtsidze (Ukraine)
                  8 .- Dominic Wade (US)
                  9 .- Curtis Stevens (US)
                  10 .- Andrey Meryasev (Russia) BALTIC

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/ratings?layout=edit&id=145

I don't see why you're being a dick about it. You asked a question regarding GGG and the WBC and I responded that Golovkin has status in the WBC because he's their Interim champ at Middleweight. Note that there's rude tone about it, or name calling. Yet you still seem pretty dense about the issue and keep throwing Wlad into it, which makes no sense. And Klitschko being the best HW, again has absolutely nothing to do with the Golovkin situation.

until he wins something WBC Wlad currently has no place in the WBC/Golovkin argument yet he keeps getting brought up for some strange reason. Do you have a man crush going toward Wlad?

Golovkin didn't get his "appointment" because his promoters put a bid into the WBC, he won the Interim belt from Rubio.
                  Not jumping into the whole debate you guys are having, just wanted to point out that GGG is ranked by the WBC as the interim champ, Cotto is ranked as the champion and Canelo is ranked as #1 contender. They are all ranked. GGG is ranked, just because you don't see a number next to his name doesn't mean he's not. Thats like saying Cotto isn't ranked by the WBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Listen Little buddy. My argument has been the same all the way through and my reasoning is sensible.

Since GGG is saying that he wants no CW, you are saying that Cotto is a wimp and will not fight him. I think you might be correct.
                    Lol.... just take your L and move on, you were proven factually wrong on a point you presented to strengthen your already weak argument, now you're relegated to attacks on the character of a man you don't even know. That time of the month for you, perhaps? Heavy flow? Bow out Lil buddy. You lost this one, have some grace and walk away.

Comment

• Even if Golovkin goes down to 155 I bet Cotto will still find another excuse.

Maybe he will hurt his leg and pull out. He is a small, scared man.

Comment

Working...
                      X