Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury Confirms He Is the Man To Beat, Schools AJ On Lineal Champion History!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury Confirms He Is the Man To Beat, Schools AJ On Lineal Champion History!!!

Fury & Max talk TR / ESPN mega deal, Lineal championship, etc.

He didn't school anybody. He lied through his teeth.

He is not the lineal champion. That lineage started with Floyd Patterson after Marciano retired and ended when Lennox retired.

According to Wikipedia to start a new lineage you need to be undisputed, that means holding all 4 titles. Wlad never did that and Fury never did that.

Fury knows his boxing history and he will know this, so he's lying.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      He didn't school anybody. He lied through his teeth.

He is not the lineal champion. That lineage started with Floyd Patterson after Marciano retired and ended when Lennox retired.

According to Wikipedia to start a new lineage you need to be undisputed, that means holding all 4 titles. Wlad never did that and Fury never did that.

Fury knows his boxing history and he will know this, so he's lying.
      Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Lineage is established (again) when #1 fights #2 if the lineage is vacant. That was established when Klitschko fought Chagaev officially, even though that was bs since Vitali was #2 at the time, but could be argued that lineage was established in a few Wladimir Klitschko fights subsequently.

In any case, Fury's lineage is considered legit, however, it doesn't go very long back. It doesn't go back to john l sullivan like he says. not at all.

Comment

Fury's argument is flimsy at best. He was stripped of title-hood for performance enhancers and recreational drugs. I guess it counts since the authoritative bodies like The Ring recognize it. Personally I don't respect his claim.

Comment

Fury was lineal by beating Wlad but imo being banned for failing a PED test means he forfeited that status

At the end of the day though most still consider him lineal champ so have to go with the majority

Comment

Why do they always leave out that he was banned for 2 years for taking steroids.

Comment

The lineal champion has spoken. Nobody can call themselves the man in the HW division without facing and beating this man.

Facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Why do they always leave out that he was banned for 2 years for taking steroids.
                I like Fury but his chin in suspect.

If Wilder gets through with2 or 3 bombs I don’t think Fury’s chin can stand it.

I also guess if AJ connects with Fury on the chin it will also get KOd.

Fury strength is his defence, if he avoids large blows he will probably win all his matches by UD on all occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                  The lineal champion has spoken. Nobody can call themselves the man in the HW division without facing and beating this man.

Facts.
                  Sure they can. The guy that became the man while Fury was out due to being caught taking steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Sure they can. The guy that became the man while Fury was out due to being caught taking steroids.
                    Nobody is more juiced up than your boy AJ. But yeah, Fury is still recognised as the lineal champion by the majority of the boxing industry/media.

It is what it is, if Joshua wants to be known as the best, he'll have to get in the ring and prove it by actually fighting one of the best men in the division, not fat bums like Miller and shot midgets like Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X