Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOC unveiling the goals of a Green New Deal to combat climate change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The death of a single farting cow is a tragedy,the death of a million farting cows is a statistic-Comrade Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
      The death of a single farting cow is a tragedy,the death of a million farting cows is a statistic-Comrade Cortez

Comment

Comment

Comment

The world is gradually moving towards renewable energy anyway. China now gets a quarter of its energy through renewable energy and is working towards increasing that number all the time, and the same is true across most of the world, and as the US is on its way to being the world'sleading exporter of oil, this probably doesn't sit well with many people in the American fossil fuel industry.

It's also worth mentioning though, that almost everything contains oil in some way (there're 7 gallons of oil in every car tire, for example), so the world's dependence on oil won't be ending anytime soon, so if we have ways to reduce the consumption of oil, then we should move towards implementing them.

Those proposals won't all happen in 10 years, but they said they'd never land a man on the moon before the end of the 60s also, and as ambitious as some of those plans are, many of them are essential for the long term future of our civilization.
            Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 02-09-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I’m going to go kill a bunch of cows with gastrointestinal issues with my cool new sickle and hammer

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                People aren't hating her for her wanting to make the planet healthier, people are hating her for what she is proposing to do to make it there. The proposals sound like they were written by someone in highschool.

I too can say, that I want everyone to have a fair wage, live in a house, drive electric cars, and live one with nature. That is a nice humanitarian statement that few would disagree with, but then when I say in order to achieve this, lets start by raising everyone's taxes (because thats what it will take not just the rich) then lets use those taxes to give money to those unwilling to work, and buy them houses to boot.

In addition lets get rid of every single one of our fossil fuels, which means getting rid of airplanes in the next 10 years. And lets print more money, lots of money to rebuild every single building, Well then I wouldn't be surprised if some think im bat sh|t crazy.

What about Russia, China, and India who are by far the biggest polluters in the world, are they going to sign on to this green deal while we spend an enormous amount of money converting to it, or are they going to use that chance as an advantage to blow past us economically?

I have no doubt that in the future we will eventually transition into clean renewable energy, but it has to happen naturally and cannot be forced.
                She knows everything most likely will not get done, she's just trying to lead us in the right path. If just a few of the things listed get done then that's a win. If people just sit on there asses and not do anything change will never occur.

Comment

I’m down with AOC

Isn’t she doing what you’d want a politician to do and try and make her country and the World a better place

I haven’t read her plan and if The banning of airplanes is in there that’s dumb as f.uck and
                  Possibly the sh.itiest Idea I’ve heard
                  In awhile and while I bet next to nothing she has in the Plan will get achieved. I think a politician actually trying to make a difference is a good thing especially with Climate Change. I know I’d rather have a ambitious politician actually doing their job and trying to change the her country for the better when it comes
                  To the environment then have the president that approves and endorses whats going on at the EPA. I mean the whole objective of the EPA now seems to be total disregard for the environment and to cut back as much regulations as possible just so corporations can make more money without caring about the damage it does to the people or the environment

The Democrats that have a issue with her are a big reason why that party is mostly a joke that allows the Republican Party to constantly out maneuver and sh.it all over them even though they’re just a party who’s main goal is to enhance the rich and doesn’t even give a sh.it about the masses but they play the game of politics 100x better then the Democrats . the old guard Democrats are mostly completely f.ucking useless just looking out for themselves and their position in the party so they can keep being Corporate whores and living the all expenses paid Politician life and just want keep their jobs while achieving nothing in office and who have no regard for doing their job of representing the people that voted them in.

I disagree with most of the Republican ideology but I can respect that they’re willing to fight dirty and actually get sh.it done when they have the power to do so

Comment

Not certain about AOC. Obviously she's got some good ideas. Most likely though she has deep connections to the PTB.

Her wanting to eventually ban airplanes and build massive underground transport system seems connected to Elon Musk. And he's a shill and fraud who's deep with the PTB and fronting for them.

Comment

AOC needs to stop farting through her mouth. There’s some every time she opens it.

Comment

Working...
                      X