Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did Nonito Donaire Defeat Ryan Burnett?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did Nonito Donaire Defeat Ryan Burnett?

when i first saw this fight, i was saying that donaire got lucky that his opponent got injured.. i didnt think it was because of donaire but now looking at this video it proved me wrong. donaire actually landed a shot to the body that injured his opponent. you can see burnett in pain right when that shot landed.

Honesty fight was picking up before injury. Nonito imo eventually would have gotten to him he started to walk him down.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      when i first saw this fight, i was saying that donaire got lucky that his opponent got injured.. i didnt think it was because of donaire but now looking at this video it proved me wrong. donaire actually landed a shot to the body that injured his opponent. you can see burnett in pain right when that shot landed.

The shot didn't injure him.

The problem was a disc in his back, not caused by any shot. He isn't even holding his hip when he's injured, he's got his hand where you would have it with a slipped disc. The fact a shot hurt his hip is just coincidental.

I actually thought the fight was about to get really good. Donaire was starting to have his own success after Burnett controlling the first couple of rounds. I think it would've turned into a very competitive fight but the injury was a freak injury, not anything Donaire did.

Let's not rewrite history and distort the truth. Donaire may or may not have gone on to win, we'll ever know but he has a W on his record because of an unfortunate injury, not because he earned the win.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 05-09-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Sure Donaire had some moments in the fight in general & was in the fight for sure & the injury may well of originated because of that punch to the body, but that doesn't make the injury any less of a freak occurence in my book & the freakness of said injury due to the punch is still the most obvious reason the fight ended. Donaire could've hit Burnett 1000x like he did & the freakness of the injury wouldn't have likely had things go down as they did.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between these two post-WBSS either way doe. I think it was a competitive looking fight that ended kinda f#cked up-ish due to the injury.

Comment

I think its still to unclear a rematch is deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
            I think its still to unclear a rematch is deserved.
            Burnett can get in line then.
            ND is still in the tournament.

Burnett probably want's NOTHING to do with ND again.

Comment

I don't know off the top of my head what's Donaires record at Bantamweight but he looks really good in that weight

Comment

Donaire was walking Burnett down, while Burnett was countering and landing, it wasn't really doing much damage compared to what Donaire's work was, but a rematch should be ordered after the tournament.

Comment

Its still unclear and will remain that way.

He said himself in the corner that the shot is what triggered the injury.

It's like Lewis-Klitschko... you can explore the coulda woulda shoulda's all day long... but the guy who got the W is the guy who got the W.

Comment

It wasn't any shot that did the damage. Burnett had a back injury leading up to the fight. It just went when in the ring. But this is boxing so it's not a surprise to see bullshlt of the highest order and trying to turn it into something it very much isn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X