No announcement yet.

did Mayweather duck Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Mayweather duck Margarito?

I don't understand why the Margarito vs Mayweather fight didn't happen back in 2008-12. Did Mayweather duck or what ? imo Margarito had the style to beat Mayweather.....
    yes
    71.19%
    no
    28.81%

The poll is expired.

Mayweather blatantly ducked Margarito he was scared to death of him Tony would have Cotto'd him

Comment

Who cares? Margarito was proven to be a fraud who lost to nearly every top fighter he faced. The biggest thing he accomplished was beating Miguel Cotto through what now seems questionable means. Why is he still relevant?

Comment

Had his b*tch ass stuttering

Comment

IMO yes.

I would have liked to have seen that fight instead of Zab Judah or Baldomir.

Comment

Pne of the greatest ducks of all time

Comment

In the publics eye yes, but he did have a legit excuse (his beef with Top Rank).

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                IMO yes.

I would have liked to have seen that fight instead of Zab Judah or Baldomir.
                this....i remember when tony fought cintron in espn ppv in 2005. he had alot of buzz! specially in 2006. m@xboxing to margarito is how fighthype is to floyd. mboxing and tony went to the danger zone press confrence and approached floyd. there was another video where mboxing had where they interviewed bob in the strip answering why floyd didnt take 8Million to fight margarito. Tony had alot of BUZZ during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
                  Tony had alot of BUZZ during that time.
                  total bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                    total bull****
                    I remember the buzz for him being quite big as well at that time. Not sure why you say otherwise. ko'ing cintron was a big deal at that time and so was beating clottey. When he lost to the punisher it was a huge deal. Go back and watch that fight and listen to how they talk about him.

Comment

Working...
                    X