No announcement yet.

HBO's omission of Paul Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's omission of Paul Williams

I found it kind of strange that when talking about future opponents for Shane Mosley, Paul Williams' name was not even mentioned. Larry, Jim, and Emanuel named De La Hoya, Cotto, Margarito, and even Floyd Mayweather as possible opponents for the future HOF veteran but no mention of Paul...

You think this was just an oversite, or purposeful?...

because he has faught his last 2 fights off the network.....plus his next hbo date isnt yet confirmed.....its just business u know how it is

Comment

If I'm not mistaking his last fight was at the middleweight limit..

Comment

Paul Wiliams can fight at any weight. I heard he's moving up to hw next year to challenge Klitschko and then dropping back down to fight Donaire...

Comment

It's because his last two fights were on Shobox more likely

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            It's because his last two fights were on Shobox more likely
            Showtime Championship Boxing and Versus fight night
            But your point is valid.
            It's the same reason why HBO never mentions David Haye amongst their list of possible heavyweight opponents for their beloved Wladimir Klitschko. Haye had never fought on HBO before.

Comment

because no 1 cares about paul williams

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I found it kind of strange that when talking about future opponents for Shane Mosley, Paul Williams' name was not even mentioned. Larry, Jim, and Emanuel named De La Hoya, Cotto, Margarito, and even Floyd Mayweather as possible opponents for the future HOF veteran but no mention of Paul...

You think this was just an oversite, or purposeful?...
                I was surprised they didn't mention Vernon Forrest.

Comment

Paul Williams at heavyweight is funny if anyone is truly serious. Pauls walk around weight is probably 160-170.

Comment

thats cuz he's the most avoided fighter right now. If anyone wants an L on their record they should talk to PW.

Comment

Working...
                    X