Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jmm vs juarez was a shutout
    this was a very competitive war

Comment

I agree, but that still doesn't change Marquez-Barrera not being a close fight.

Comment

I believe RiZoom has me quoted in his signature as to how I feel about this fight.

Comment

agreed....i was watcing it on televisa...and boy was i scared that they were gonna rob marquez(the lederman card could be seen)that "AND NEW" is probably thee time ive gone more nuts about a win.......

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            agreed....i was watcing it on televisa...and boy was i scared that they were gonna rob marquez(the lederman card could be seen)that "AND NEW" is probably thee time ive gone more nuts about a win.......
            i was in mexico when i saw the fight and i went out all happy and **** while everyone was like wtf? they sure do love boxing over there

Comment

Originally posted by ElGranLuchador View Post
              jmm vs juarez was a shutout
              this was a very competitive war
              JMM vs Juarez was a shutout because Juarez simply didn't belong in that ring with the counter-punching maestro.

JMM vs MAB on the other hand, eventhough i saw it as a near shutout, MAB was game, that was difference between the two bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                Back when I watched this fight for the first time around a year ago, I thought it was pretty close and a Marquez win. Boy was I dead wrong....IT WAS A CLEAR MARQUEZ WIN.

My card:

The official scores were 116-111x2 and 118-109. So my card was pretty much dead in the middle of those. Still, HBO's call is THE WORST I've ever heard. If I was blind and watching the fight, I would have believed Barrera had won 116-109. The only rounds I think Marquez won according to them were rounds 7 and 10, but of course round 7 was such a "travesty" because of the knockdown not called.

The knockdown still would have been a 10-9 round for Barrera since Marquez had a probably 10-8 round before the knockdown anyway. That and I think Nady made the right call indirectly. It was an obvious knockdown, but I think when someone hits someone when they are down, that knockdown shouldn't be counted insted of a DQ. It's not like the knockdown would have helped Barrera anyway. Marquez was fine in round 8 and he had kicked Barrera's ass in round 7.

Jim Lampley sounded like a 3 year old kid about to cry who didn't get his way when the knockdown wasn't called and went on some bull**** rant about how if Las Vegas had instant replay, it'd be overturned. Like it ****ing mattered.

Harold Ledderman's card was even worse. 114-113 Barrera. I thought him having Jirov ahead of Toney until the 12th and having Paul Williams beating Quintana was bad. This is BY FAR his worse card. I'm literally disgusted people scoring this fight for Barrera. It was competitve especially for the first 6 rounds. Then Marquez beat him clearly and even punished him at times.

"Oh Barrera is showing such good defense by rolling his head so it lessons the blow" Guess what Steward? He's still getting hit and then Barrera gets hit again. The only good thing about Barrera was his jab. It was constient and hit Marquez a lot, but Marquez still landed a lot more then Barrera did. I found it incredibly cool that round 9 compubox's stats were pretty much the same, even if Marquez was landing many blows in reality.

Still, if you thought Cotto-Margarito's or De La Hoya-anyone was bad. Barrera-Marquez's call was the worse I've seen. Atleast Merchant had some sense to score it for Marquez, but his card was still awful. 114-113 Marquez. Marquez won clearer then that.
                You are quite simply wrong. Barrera should have won that fight. It was a brilliant performance by MAB. Marquez was simply outsmarted for the majority of the fight. MAB controlled the pace, the action, the distance, everything.

His only really shining moment was when he had MAB on queer street. Then he got dropped. I love Marquez, but he did not win this fight. He was having fits trying to time MAB.

Comment

Have you watched past round 6?

Comment

Bumping this **** for the idiots who think this fight was close or Barrera won.
                    Last edited by warp1432; 09-16-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

ill never understand all the fuss over the judges cards after the fight. Marquez clearly won a competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X