This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    i haven't seen that at all. Just the over exaggeration of certain people. There was an article i saw that compared BP to Rocky.

When Rocky came out, black folks laughed at the way white people acted like it was a real fight. Eddie Murphy made light of it in one of his comedy films.

Some white folks are having a fit. I mean there have 3 or 4 posters mentioning how people are dressed going into the movie. I mean how fucking ******ed is that?
    Then you haven't been paying attention. Respectfully.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Then you haven't been paying attention. Respectfully.
      I have been, we just disagree as to what constitutes being "hijacked for propaganda".

Some of you are upset at what black people are wearing to the movie. That isn't rational.

Comment

"the whole whites going nuts over this movie is completely overblown and overstated"

Yet it took you 3 paragraphs to answer.
        This is at least the 5th thread on this forum alone from them crying about this movie and 'the blacks'.

Comment

this movie for sure wouldnt be getting all these praises if it was called black "chyna" instead.

Comment

I have been, we just disagree as to what constitutes being "hijacked for propaganda".

Some of you are upset at what black people are wearing to the movie. That isn't rational.
            "You?" Not me, brother. I stand with the Blacks and the Whites and the people of all races who can see through the false narratives, lies and propaganda.

You don't seem to understand. This movie is a movie. Some of the narratives around it are being used for political purposes however.

Comment

I'm not going to make a study of your posts to figure out your position so you can just tell me. What side are you on? There's an effort underway to divide the races against each other. Most of us realize this.

Your thoughts?
              You may very well be right, the powers that be do manipulate the media for their own ends, but whats that got to do with anything?

What would that have to do with people just being happy with a movie?

Ive seen the movie and there isnt anything divisive about it.

You know what I find divisive? People being upset that others are happy.

Comment

"You?" Not me, brother. I stand with the Blacks and the Whites and the people of all races who can see through the false narratives, lies and propaganda.

You don't seem to understand. This movie is a movie. Some of the narratives around it are being used for political purposes however.
                Just how it came out. Not you. My fault.

It's a movie about a comic book character, where is the lies, propaganda and false narratives? If someone sees the movie and is moved a particular way, why would that bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                  This is at least the 5th thread on this forum alone from them crying about this movie and 'the blacks'.
                  Yeah, thats what I don't get. You got white guys complaining about the reviews, but they haven't seen the movie. Then you have guys complaining about political messages, and the movie is about a comic book character.

Then you have people complaining that the reviews are race based (or are positive only to prevent being called a racist) as if the movie can't possibly be great because the cast is all black and the director is black.

Then you got guys like A wolf, who seem to be upset that people are seeing the movie and are moved politically by it.

Then we have a thread because someone said the villain played by Michael B is the best villain since the joker. That actually has made people mad.

Perhaps the true greatness of this movie- is its ability to expose bigots and racists.

Comment

It's a movie about a comic book character, where is the lies, propaganda and false narratives? If someone sees the movie and is moved a particular way, why would that bother you?
                    The lies and propaganda are everywhere. We're not talking about the movie anymore.

Your last question is unnecessary. If the movie pleased people or moved them in any way bless them.

Comment

I don't think their is anything wrong with the movie but its whats happening with some people who go see it and using this movie for their agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X