Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrance Crawford Blames RACE For Not Winning Fighter Of The Year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Fighters give these Writers who most never boxed before, way too much fuking Power when they complain like this. Why don't they do what NBA Players did, come together and organize their own Award where THE FIGHTERS AND TRAINERS VOTE on these AWARDS, Vote on P4P Rankings and all that stuff instead of all the complaining about FAT DAN and others who I honestly don't even go to for boxing news

Crawford is worthy of FOTY absolutely, he made history this year by unify, something that hasn't been done in a long time so yes his argument is very VALID BUT at the same time those Awards don't validate you, the fans do! Most do have Crawford #1 if not #1 then easily Top 2-3.

Instead Of *****ing About It, Do Something About It!
    Who did he beat to deserve fighter of the year?

Comment

It will be hard to win a boxer of the year award if you are the one favored to win in your fights.
      IN 2017, he fought Felix Diaz and Indongo. While those two are not bums, who actually thought they will win against Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        eeeerrr.... wut?
        Rigondeaux was widely considered a top 5 PFP fighter - many people going as far to say he was THE BEST.

People were split on who would win between him and Loma.

After Loma dominates and makes him look silly, the excuses started flying - "he small, doe"! "he old, doe"!

Comment

Every good fighter thinks they are PFP the best. Crawford is a welterweight now and he wants Loma to come up 17 pounds and Mikey to come up 12 pounds to fight him at his weight with no excuses to prove he is PFP the best. In the same tirade he complains that Rigo moved up 8 pounds to fight Loma and belittles that win. What's the difference between Rigo going up 8 pounds to fight Loma and Loma and Mikey coming up 17 and 12 pounds respectively to fight Crawford? Wins over good smaller champions won't make Crawford number 1 PFP to me.I expect him to KO Horn and I doubt I would make him PFP number 1 for doing that.
          A convincing win over Spence who is in the same weight class now might make Crawford my number 1 PFP but I think Spence would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampad View Post
            Who did he beat to deserve fighter of the year?
            Again made history becoming the first unified undisputed champion in a long time. Felix Diaz and Julius Indongo is a decent year but yeah it is not great but considering his Divisions he really didn't have anybody left to fight at 140 other than Indongo

Comment

This should be a weekly article on Boxing Scene.

Comments Thread For: [Insert African American Boxer Name] Blames Race on [Insert Issue or Gripe].

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                This should be a weekly article on Boxing Scene.

Comments Thread For: [Insert African American Boxer Name] Blames Race on [Insert Issue or Gripe].
                But he didn't say anything about race. I don't know why he made that title. He didn't even allude to race.

Comment

cause beating diaz and indongo was such a great year The best fighter them two had beaten between them was a shot ricky burns

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    But he didn't say anything about race. I don't know why he made that title. He didn't even allude to race.
                    My bad, OP tricked me. I only read the headline. Reminded me of Wilder last week or Mayweather a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                      I did;t wanna watch a 12-minute video, so Itook the OP's word for it.

I didn't think Crawford was built like that. Good to hear. Crawford is a good dude, and a better boxer.

Wish him nothing but the best in 2018, and I hope he finally gets a career-defining opponent like Spence, or Thurman.
                      Not that I have seen the video but fake news everywhere

Comment

Working...
                      X