Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Return on Pace for 12/2 at MSG, Opponent Being Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
    You need some new material. I'd write some insults for you, but I'm sure you can't afford me.
    Hey pancho that's for reading and following the Bearcat's comments. Cotto is a mumbling stuttering brain dead average fighter vastly overrated who loses all tough fights.. Look for an easy opponent for Cotto. That is the Puerto Rican way. No mas" Si"

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
      Hey pancho that's for reading and following the Bearcat's comments. Cotto is a mumbling stuttering brain dead average fighter vastly overrated who loses all tough fights.. Look for an easy opponent for Cotto. That is the Puerto Rican way. No mas" Si"
      Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Thanks for proving my point.
        what point: that you wear pointed toe shoes, have oiled black hair and carry a switch blade and smell of fish?
        Last edited by OmarRueben; 09-28-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

what point: that you wear pointed toe shoes, have oiled black hair and carry a switch blade and smell of fish?
          Now you're stealing insults from "West Side Story"? Maybe there is some complexity to you after all.

Comment

Now you're stealing insults from "West Side Story"? Maybe there is some complexity to you after all.
            Never saw West side story but I sure have seen a lot of Puerto Ricos'

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              Cotto should just cash out with Kell Brook. I doubt he chances Lemeuix.
              That fight is literally a race to cash out!

Comment

Never saw West side story but I sure have seen a lot of Puerto Ricos'
                Pretty classy of you to insult PR at a time like this.

That said, I'm not Puerto Rican. My great-grandparents came to the U.S. in the early 1900s from Eastern Europe.

The reason I'm a Cotto fan has nothing to do with his ethnicity. Based on what you post, I don't really expect you do engage in a thoughtful conversation, but I became a Cotto fan while watching him climb to the top. Fights against Pinto, Torres, Branco, Quintana...and then Judah and Mosely. It was his fighting style that I liked and the way he carried himself in those years - the fact that he let his fists do the talking and was respectful of his opponents both before and after fights. His decision to learn English (and to insist on speaking to the English-speaking press without an interpreter) was both smart and admirable. It showed character.

I was also a Margarito fan. After the first Cotto fight, I thought he was an indestructible machine. That view changed in January 2009, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by spn1025 View Post
                  I actually would like to see this fight again. If it does happen, hopefully Cotto makes that eye permanently blind.
                  I believe his eye is already at least 80% blind and he is paying off a doctor to say he can see. He gets hit now with shots he clearly doesn't see. Poetic justice! He is now literally taking the damage he tried to inflict on others with his plaster hands. The scumbag.

Comment

Pretty classy of you to insult PR at a time like this.

That said, I'm not Puerto Rican. My great-grandparents came to the U.S. in the early 1900s from Eastern Europe.

The reason I'm a Cotto fan has nothing to do with his ethnicity. Based on what you post, I don't really expect you do engage in a thoughtful conversation, but I became a Cotto fan while watching him climb to the top. Fights against Pinto, Torres, Branco, Quintana...and then Judah and Mosely. It was his fighting style that I liked and the way he carried himself in those years - the fact that he let his fists do the talking and was respectful of his opponents both before and after fights. His decision to learn English (and to insist on speaking to the English-speaking press without an interpreter) was both smart and admirable. It showed character.

I was also a Margarito fan. After the first Cotto fight, I thought he was an indestructible machine. That view changed in January 2009, of course.
                    Cotto got his revenge

Comment

Working...
                    X