Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Should Forget Immediate Rematch and Fight Joshua in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny with these conspiracy! Fury has a rematch clause. You all act like this doesn't exist.

Aj stans still gunning for nothing. What happened to the if wilder does agree before the fight, bo fight at wembley...we all know aj fighting the winner of Whyte chisora! you guys acting like he won't!

Fury and wilder both know they have to rematch / they will rematch then winner fights aj. This one did over 400k ppv which according to you aj fanboys would do under 100 ppv. Guess what 400k + x 80 USD.... Guess your flat fee garbage is over now. Guess your no one would buy the fight is garbage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
      Funny with these conspiracy! Fury has a rematch clause. You all act like this doesn't exist.

Aj stans still gunning for nothing. What happened to the if wilder does agree before the fight, bo fight at wembley...we all know aj fighting the winner of Whyte chisora! you guys acting like he won't!

Fury and wilder both know they have to rematch / they will rematch then winner fights aj. This one did over 400k ppv which according to you aj fanboys would do under 100 ppv. Guess what 400k + x 80 USD.... Guess your flat fee garbage is over now. Guess your no one would buy the fight is garbage as well.
      We don't know that Fury has a rematch clause and a mandatory may trump the rematch clause. I don't see how the WBC won't now call for Deontay to fight Breazeale. I would bet it is Joshua or Breazeale next. I don't think Tyson will be desperate for a rematch next anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
        We don't know that Fury has a rematch clause and a mandatory may trump the rematch clause. I don't see how the WBC won't now call for Deontay to fight Breazeale. I would bet it is Joshua or Breazeale next. I don't think Tyson will be desperate for a rematch next anyway.
        We do know they have a rematch clause as its been beaten to death and on YouTube that it exists. Deontay pays breazeale step aside money... Done
        The rematch will be huge business and why risk Deontay getting hurt (especially his hands) for breazeale.

Makes no sense.. Deontay and fury 2 will be in May or June I bet. Possibly Sept if they want to milk it but with fury history, I say safe to do early fight.

No way aj is not fighting Whyte or chisora. In house fight makes Hearn the most money.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          A rematch is needed. Wilder has room for improvement himself. He looked abysmal tonight but still dropped Fury twice. A gameplan and a better gas tank would greatly increase his chances of winning.
          I doubt it. Wilder follows his power and has developed an absurd amount of bad habits that he will likely never be able to dispose of.

Also his stamina is great, he just swung so hard and missed so much that it completely exhausted him. No amount of training can stop that. Any boxer knows how much of a toll it takes on you.

Fury knows Wilder inside out now. He knows how he moves and punches and will be even more cautious in a rematch. Wilder, on the other hand, couldn't figure Fury out and doesn't have the ring IQ to change that.

Joshua probably is the better option for Wilder but it will be far more punishing. He is much more likely to land some devastating punches on Joshua, but he is also going to eat a lot of far harder shots in the process. Unless he can get Joshua out quickly he will get pummeled relentlessly. The other option is to evade Joshua and take him into the later rounds where he'll gas out, but Wilder doesn't have the skills for that.

Comment

Working...
          X