Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What re-known World champion was also a great trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll also mention Eddie Mustafa Muhammad. I felt he did some good work with some of the TMT fighters, most notably Jack. Almost got Gavril to beat Benavidez which was impressive.

Comment

[QUOTE=filup79;19095358]
      Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      What re-known World champion was also a great trainer?
      Boxers who excelled to the highest degree tend not to excel as trainers. Case in point; Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr, Roberto Duran, Michael Spinks, Oscar De La Hoya, Wilfredo Gomez, Lupe Pintor, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Tommy Hearns etc...aren't training any superstars...

This is stupid thread. All those fighters named above chose not to become trainers So saying they dont excel as trainers is stupid. They chose to spend their time after boxing focusing on something else.
      WHOA!? stupid? well understand that just cause a fighter is great doesn't neccessarily mean that you're a good teacher. That's what this thread is about. Primarily, yes most decided on doing other things that had nothing to do with boxing. but others have try even if momentarily & yet they did not get that bug that makes you want to train fighters

Comment

Well you guys know your boxing! Your came up with so good names Like Buddy McGirt & Eddie Mustafa Muhammed (Gregory)......
        But the one I had in mind.....
        Emile Griffith (5x World Middleweight Champion)

Comment

Hall of Famer Yoko Gushiken trains KO artist and former WBC titlist Daigo Higa

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            Well you guys know your boxing! Your came up with so good names Like Buddy McGirt & Eddie Mustafa Muhammed (Gregory)......
            But the one I had in mind.....
            Emile Griffith (5x World Middleweight Champion)
            I just checked the wiki, Griffith killed a man who touched his ass. Ouch.

Comment

Working...
            X