Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Midterm Elections Discussion/Results Thread & Get out and Vote!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

LOL If it were a blue wave they would take both house and senate. With the Senate we can still confirm a SC justice. They also cant impeach chit without the senate.

SO if they do when the senate it means notta! Just more obstruction. That will make Rs look good for 2020. If Muller finds nothing Trump will win 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        LOL If it were a blue wave they would take both house and senate. With the Senate we can still confirm a SC justice. They also cant impeach chit without the senate.

SO if they do when the senate it means notta! Just more obstruction. That will make Rs look good for 2020. If Muller finds nothing Trump will win 2020.
        Nah, there are not enough R senate seats up for grabs for it to be realistic for blue to get majority in the senate

So even though the polls suggest blue will do well on a national level, eg all seats in the house are up for grabs and they are projected to win most of those (by no means a guarantee), the senate is totally infeasible.

If all of the senate seats were being voted on, that'd be a diff story.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Not american but i hope the republicans make gains so we can see more liberals crying

I'm American and hope to see the same as you, although I have many reasons to vote Republican. I still want to see the main stream media and the lefties here crying for another 2 years.

That would give me and republicans a couple more years of entertainment.
          Last edited by Stebs; 11-05-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Nah, there are not enough R senate seats up for grabs for it to be realistic for blue to get majority in the senate

So even though the polls suggest blue will do well on a national level, eg all seats in the house are up for grabs and they are projected to win most of those (by no means a guarantee), the senate is totally infeasible.

If all of the senate seats were being voted on, that'd be a diff story.
            There are enough seats in play (15 seats) in general that if there was going to be a bluewave it would've swept a majority of them, but the projections seem to indicate Republicans probably not only retain the Senate but gain a seat or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              There are enough seats in play (15 seats) in general that if there was going to be a bluewave it would've swept a majority of them, but the projections seem to indicate Republicans probably not only retain the Senate but gain a seat or two.
              Yeah but the R seats up for grabs are mostly in areas that could not be impacted by a blue wave.

It's like, if the R won the majority of the house, we'd be seeing #redwave trend on twitter so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. But even then they would have lost certain districts that they could basically never win, whether attitudes have generally shifted nationwide or not.

Same applies to team Blue. Some places are just not up for debate really and their elections are a formality.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Vegas is calling it for Rs. LOL I wouldnt take any bet right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Yeah but the R seats up for grabs are mostly in areas that could not be impacted by a blue wave.

It's like, if the R won the majority of the house, we'd be seeing #redwave trend on twitter so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. But even then they would have lost certain districts that they could basically never win, whether attitudes have generally shifted nationwide or not.

Same applies to team Blue. Some places are just not up for debate really and their elections are a formality.

This is not true, in about 6 of those 15 open seats do the Republicans have a secure hold, as for the other 9 they are all very vulnerable and in tight races. If there were a blue wave, places like Nevada, Florida, and even Arizona wouldn't be in play. Now the Dems can still squeeze out a lot of victories, just not as many as they probably should have on an off year election. We will see tomorrow, dont forget to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Vegas is calling it for Rs. LOL I wouldnt take any bet right now.
                    Interesting, especially considering that traditionally Rs are under-polled.

If true, that spells trouble for Team D.

Of course we will know the answer tomorrow night.

Comment

• Bumping thread because as I had called it in August, the Left still has zero message besides "Resist Trump".

Comment

Working...
                      X