Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinion on joe calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was definitely one of the greatest fighters, though he might not have proven himself completely, he seemed to have to skills to beat just about anyone and being around the level of Ward. He should probably have fought Froch, but did probably not expect Froch to rise to those types of levels.

Great to follow that man, who was one of the most unique styles inside the ring.

Comment

Should have fought better opponents in his prime but some of that is due to him being ducked. All time great, nevertheless.

What Hopkins went on to achieve after Calzaghe beat him means he gets a lot of credit imo for that win. It's a shame he didn't have a couple more fights at 175 after beating RJJ.

Comment

The whole non stop Slapping wasn't my cup of tea .

Comment

Probably the only boxer I would say I was a real fan of.

Nowadays I just appreciate all the fighters as much as possible.

I’d get nervous for Joe’s fights.

The problem with Joe is not just that he didn’t take the risks but at the times when Americans (and then they absolutely ran the show) were watching he’d look like s.hit against David Starie or whoever

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Overrated slapper that avoided the best with lame excuses about being afraid to fly etc. Overcame the fear when the fighters he avoided were way past their best.
            If he's underrated all the time, how in the hell could he have been overrated?

You clearly don't know why Calzaghe didn't fight Jones or Hopkins earlier. It had nothing to do with having a fear of flying. He did have, but it never stopped a fight from happening.

Comment

Working...
            X