Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma Thinks Pedraza Would've Beaten Davis If He Prepared Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
    I don't know yet but i let you know as soon i got some info.
    He's not in the semi-finals, so I don't know what that Saucedo fight was about? I did find this article in Ring Magazine:

October 22, 2018:

Since making his debut in December 2015, Matías has moved very quickly to 11-0 (with 11 knockouts). His team, fronted by Orengo of Fresh Productions Boxing – a relatively new venture that promoted its first show in December 2013 – has shown considerable belief in Matías...

“Subriel is in the conversation of one of the best up-and-coming fighters in Puerto Rico,” said the well respected Sánchez Fournier. “He has the potential to be a very good fighter at a world-class level and that’s all you can ask of him now.

“His promoter has to get him the opportunity at an increasingly higher level for him to fulfill his promise.”

So far his promoter hasn’t secured television dates that would give the fighter much needed exposure. It’s a clear black mark in Sánchez Fournier’s book.

“A guy like him who can bang, Puerto Rican people will follow,” explained the venerable scribe, “but if you don’t have him on TV, you’re not exposing him how you should because he’s a very talented kid. He has a fan-friendly style of fighting. I think that (the lack of television exposure) has hurt him...”

Orengo has very high hopes for his fighter and believes Matías can one day join another of his fighters as a world champion and become the next Puerto Rican superstar.

“Subriel Matías and current (IBF bantamweight) world champion Emmanuel Rodriguez will be the face of boxing in the near future,” proclaimed the promoter.

“Matías will be a world champion in four or five fights, in 140 pounds, then world champion at 147 and 154 pounds. We want to face, in the near future, (IBF/WBC lightweight titlist) Mikey Garcia by year 2020. That would be great.”

https://www.******.com/546160-puerto...ubriel-matias/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      He's not in the semi-finals, so I don't know what that Saucedo fight was about? I did find this article in Ring Magazine:

October 22, 2018:

Since making his debut in December 2015, Matías has moved very quickly to 11-0 (with 11 knockouts). His team, fronted by Orengo of Fresh Productions Boxing – a relatively new venture that promoted its first show in December 2013 – has shown considerable belief in Matías...

“Subriel is in the conversation of one of the best up-and-coming fighters in Puerto Rico,” said the well respected Sánchez Fournier. “He has the potential to be a very good fighter at a world-class level and that’s all you can ask of him now.

“His promoter has to get him the opportunity at an increasingly higher level for him to fulfill his promise.”

So far his promoter hasn’t secured television dates that would give the fighter much needed exposure. It’s a clear black mark in Sánchez Fournier’s book.

“A guy like him who can bang, Puerto Rican people will follow,” explained the venerable scribe, “but if you don’t have him on TV, you’re not exposing him how you should because he’s a very talented kid. He has a fan-friendly style of fighting. I think that (the lack of television exposure) has hurt him...”

Orengo has very high hopes for his fighter and believes Matías can one day join another of his fighters as a world champion and become the next Puerto Rican superstar.

“Subriel Matías and current (IBF bantamweight) world champion Emmanuel Rodriguez will be the face of boxing in the near future,” proclaimed the promoter.

“Matías will be a world champion in four or five fights, in 140 pounds, then world champion at 147 and 154 pounds. We want to face, in the near future, (IBF/WBC lightweight titlist) Mikey Garcia by year 2020. That would be great.”

https://www.******.com/546160-puerto...ubriel-matias/
      I think he is like a replacement in case of of the main guys gets hurts. He is only 12-0-12 KO.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        who cares davis is a ducking coward who refused to fight loma. why would he give him props in any way? the only reason davis is still relevant is because he didnt fight loma and chose the safe path fighting smaller guys moving up coming off losses. he somehow keeps fans after doing both those things. some people dont have standards. davis is much more popular than gary russell jr who took a risk and lost to loma. thats why fighters duck. boxing is not a meritocracy but more like a meritocrazy where some fighters get hyped up based on fantasy and they ride that fantasy wave to riches

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I know Lopez father wants the Loma fight really badly.

Lopez can hit hard so he'd have a chance against Loma but IMO if they fought in 2019 it would be like Charlo/Lubin where the young guy just isn't ready yet in a matter of 2 rounds you will see Loma just dominating him.
          Teofimo Lopez’s ‘Takeover’ continues

December 18, 2018:

I played fantasy matchmaker: What about Lopez vs. Devin Haney now? “We’ll take it…He’ll get his ass kicked,” Teofimo said.

“He can beat any style; he makes it look easy…We make everybody look bad. If you are on my son’s card and you’re the main event,” the father declared, “we are going to make you look bad. We’re going to make you look old; we’re gonna make you look not as explosive, not as strong…This kid doesn’t even get hit.”

Other topics: We touched on the future. Could that include a showdown with The Ring Magazine/WBA/WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko? The father was thinking along those lines when he saw “Loma” and company at the Madison Square Garden hotel on fight week and he declared that his son would get the better of Loma. In fact, he used tougher terms. It didn’t almost come to blows, he said. The elder Lopez said he shook Loma’s hand near the elevator and he didn’t like the way Loma looked at him. “We’re going to take everything you have. You better get ready because nobody’s going to remember you after my son’s finished with you,” he recalled telling Lomachenko. The father said he won’t go in like that again. “Loma was just laughing,” in reaction, said Junior.

“Loma looked old,” said Teofimo, regarding Lomachenko’s outing against Jose Pedraza. I noted that I wanted to give Jose Pedraza full credit. “I don’t know about old,” I said.

Yes, the father isn’t afraid to talk in a loud voice about the superiority of the son. At 11-0, the father said, his kid looks better than Floyd Mayweather Jr. did at 11-0, so read between the lines on how good you think the father believes the son will be…

“He looks like a truck coming after you,” said Junior of his son’s vicious intent. “This is what the fans want. This is going to bring boxing back. We’re not trying to figure you out; we’re going in there to take your head off. Are you ready? They’re not going to be ready!”

The boy was sparring junior middleweights and middleweights for this fight, so that gives you an idea of the durability of his chin too…

Junior was on a roll in this session but he did allow that “Loma is a great fighter.” But I pushed the issue…Let’s see the young gun challenge the master at the top of his game. Maybe it’s too early…but if the kid wants it, book it! Excessive marination be damned…Book it!

The father said he could see his kid fighting Lomachenko and blowing him away in one or two rounds. And voila, superstardom! “He’s going to be the talk of the town. He’s going to do it to everybody!”

Pop called Lomachenko “Little Loma” and thinks his son’s power would be too much for the Ukrainian.

But sorry for the cold water…Father and son both said they think this isn’t a collision course situation though. They think business interests make it not so likely a mash-up. “2019 will be my last year at 135 pounds,” Teofimo said. “I’m not gonna wait for no guy.”

https://www.******.com/550660-teofim...ver-continues/

BOOK IT!

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
            Why teofino lopez dont fight Subriel Matias hahaha, i want to see how good he is. Btw Matias would beat him REALLY REALLY BAD.
            Teofimo Lopez’s ‘Takeover’ continues

December 18, 2018:

I played fantasy matchmaker: What about Lopez vs. Devin Haney now? “We’ll take it…He’ll get his ass kicked,” Teofimo said.

“He can beat any style; he makes it look easy…We make everybody look bad. If you are on my son’s card and you’re the main event,” the father declared, “we are going to make you look bad. We’re going to make you look old; we’re gonna make you look not as explosive, not as strong…This kid doesn’t even get hit.”

Other topics: We touched on the future. Could that include a showdown with The Ring Magazine/WBA/WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko? The father was thinking along those lines when he saw “Loma” and company at the Madison Square Garden hotel on fight week and he declared that his son would get the better of Loma. In fact, he used tougher terms. It didn’t almost come to blows, he said. The elder Lopez said he shook Loma’s hand near the elevator and he didn’t like the way Loma looked at him. “We’re going to take everything you have. You better get ready because nobody’s going to remember you after my son’s finished with you,” he recalled telling Lomachenko. The father said he won’t go in like that again. “Loma was just laughing,” in reaction, said Junior.

“Loma looked old,” said Teofimo, regarding Lomachenko’s outing against Jose Pedraza. I noted that I wanted to give Jose Pedraza full credit. “I don’t know about old,” I said.

Yes, the father isn’t afraid to talk in a loud voice about the superiority of the son. At 11-0, the father said, his kid looks better than Floyd Mayweather Jr. did at 11-0, so read between the lines on how good you think the father believes the son will be…

“He looks like a truck coming after you,” said Junior of his son’s vicious intent. “This is what the fans want. This is going to bring boxing back. We’re not trying to figure you out; we’re going in there to take your head off. Are you ready? They’re not going to be ready!”

The boy was sparring junior middleweights and middleweights for this fight, so that gives you an idea of the durability of his chin too…

Junior was on a roll in this session but he did allow that “Loma is a great fighter.” But I pushed the issue…Let’s see the young gun challenge the master at the top of his game. Maybe it’s too early…but if the kid wants it, book it! Excessive marination be damned…Book it!

The father said he could see his kid fighting Lomachenko and blowing him away in one or two rounds. And voila, superstardom! “He’s going to be the talk of the town. He’s going to do it to everybody!”

Pop called Lomachenko “Little Loma” and thinks his son’s power would be too much for the Ukrainian.

But sorry for the cold water…Father and son both said they think this isn’t a collision course situation though. They think business interests make it not so likely a mash-up. “2019 will be my last year at 135 pounds,” Teofimo said. “I’m not gonna wait for no guy.”

https://www.******.com/550660-teofim...ver-continues/

We may see Lopez vs. Matias sooner than we think!

Comment

Working...
            X