No announcement yet.

Khabib vs Woodley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khabib vs Woodley

Let's say Khabib makes his way up a division to fight Woodley.

How do you guys see this fight going?
    Khabib by sub/KO
    14.29%
    Khabib by decision
    42.86%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Tyron by sub/KO
    28.57%
    Tyron by decision
    14.29%

Woodley would wipe the floor with Khabib. Hed likely KO Khabib though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Woodley would wipe the floor with Khabib. Hed likely KO Khabib though.
      This.

Woodley's too strong I think. Really high octagon IQ to. Not many mfers are gonna outsmart Woodley. Not sure anyone in MMA has learned better from past mistakes & even other mfers mistakes more than Woodley. I think age is gonna beat Woodley when he loses next & with how freak-ish he is I'm not sure age is gonna f#ck up his day anytime soon either.

Comment

The thing is, Woodley and Khabib both have their divisions on lockdown for the same reasons - pure, brute strength. Khabib is a tank at 155, just as Woodley is at 170. Woodley has 1-punch KO power and better striking and has shown he can implement a gameplan much better, whereas Khabib has shown he can go against the gameplan out of pride (striking with Iaquinta).

I'd like to see the fight in any case, would be awesome Battle of strength. Woodley is a big strong unit to bully though, and he punches as hard as a mule on steroid kicks

I voted Woodley by finish, but I change my mind to Woodley by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This.

Woodley's too strong I think. Really high octagon IQ to. Not many mfers are gonna outsmart Woodley. Not sure anyone in MMA has learned better from past mistakes & even other mfers mistakes more than Woodley. I think age is gonna beat Woodley when he loses next & with how freak-ish he is I'm not sure age is gonna f#ck up his day anytime soon either.
          And Woodley has great takedown defense. Although I see that if he would lose, its because hed gas out. As you say its the age.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            This.

Yeah, 155 to 170 is like jumping from superwelter to supermiddle in boxing.

Let's say Mell jumps to fight Benavidez, that's a big as%s jump.

So I assume Woodley would be be too strong.

Woodley strenght and weakness is being a good all around MMA fighter but not great at anything (I'm quite being harsh here) so I assume Khabib could give him some troubles on the ground, but can he reduces the distance and takedown a guy like Woodley, eyes test tells me NO cuz Woodley is bigger and athletic.

But Khabib is special when it comes to strenght, even Cormier said Khabib gives him solid sparring in grappling/wrestling so I assume he could have Woodley gassing on the map with the right game plan.

Comment

I think Khabib is too small for welter

They need to make 165, make welter 175 or vice versa

Comment

Woodley is too damn big. Khabib isn't even big for his division, just really strong. That happens when you're raised wrestling bears.

Comment

Khabib spars with DC and Cain. Both say he's a animal. It would be interesting.

Comment

Khabib is better at everything but punching power and would be at a disadvantage with the size. I can absolutely see khabib just out working him, Woodley has terrible cardio.

Comment

Working...
                    X