Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this cartoon racist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way Serena has been depicted is spot on. The caricature hasn't depicted a fat woman but a muscular woman with a huge ass and that's a fact. The other girl is off I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Ah, I see.

Well, I know when I first saw her my first thought was....damn, is she black...???? lol

I mean, I've seen some Japanese girls that are obsessed with black culture and they go and get the perm and that real dark tan and try to pretend to be black....so I knew that was a possibility...

but 2 seconds after I saw her I was googling to find out because it seemed obvious to me that there was some black in that girl.
      I think that shows that one of us is thinking about race more than the other 😉

Comment

Only an imbecile will say it's racist, it represents Serena rage very good

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          I think that shows that one of us is thinking about race more than the other 😉
          lol. Nah. Just means I was surprised when they said Serena lost to a Japanese girl and then I see a picture and I'm like...that girl is blacker than I am! :P

Comment

lol. Nah. Just means I was surprised when they said Serena lost to a Japanese girl and then I see a picture and I'm like...that girl is blacker than I am! :P
            I will say that after seeing her with her hair down, you can definitely see she's Blasian. It's not as obvious with the pony tail

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              I will say that after seeing her with her hair down, you can definitely see she's Blasian. It's not as obvious with the pony tail
              I agree with that. Her black features seem to come out more when she has her hair down for sure.

Comment

Japanese Anime?

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post

Looks dead on to me. Only thing racial in the cartoon is making the Jap girl a blonde.

Right on!

Comment

But it is odd that it looks like a white woman rather than what America would consider a black woman. You would have thought they would have made her a bit darker so as not to be called out on making her look white.
                    The cartoonist didn't really pay much attention to the chair umpire either. He is Portugese, and his hair is black with a ton of grey.

It looks like the cartoonist was basically putting in generic types for everything except the subject of the cartoon, which was Serena.

The crowd also lacks any diversity, and are a uniform washed out colour. I don't think anything can be read into it. It's just lazy illustrating I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      Only an imbecile will say it's racist, it represents Serena rage very good

I hadn't noticed the pacifier on the court before

Comment

Working...
                      X