Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman to Spence: I see you young buck. Be patient. Your time is coming.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    They're about the same age and Keith is running out of reasons not to fight him.
    I just looked it up and Thurman is only 13 months older than Spence. Thurman has been a pro longer but it's funny how he keeps referring to Spence as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
      They both suck.
      lol................

Comment

Originally posted by FightHub
        “Shawn Porter, I have a feeling he’s going to be mandated because he’s holding onto that mandated position,” said Thurman to Fighthub in explaining why he can’t fight Spence in 2018. “Because of my injury, the WBC, they’ve yet to mandate it. They might try and pressure me and mandate it,” said Thurman in continuing to give excuses why he can’t fight Spence.

Thurman’s excuse about the World Boxing Council potentially mandating that he fight Porter is a rather weak one for why he can’t fight Errol Spence. It’s common knowledge that unification fights are given preferential treatment to title defenses. If Thurman lets the WBC know that he wants to make a unification fight against a popular champion like Spence, it’s likely WBC will bend over backwards to allow that fight to happen. Spence would be the perfect fighter to hold the WBC belt, and you can bet the sanctioning body would like to have him as their new champion.

“Of course, how can it not be bigger,” said Thurman when asked if the Spence fight will get bigger if they wait and let it marinate.
        Gotta let it marinate, ya'll. Not until it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Finally someone that speaks with a boxing fan sense, something lacking in many here. I want this fight too but I want it when both are at their best. Right now Thurman isn’t at his best, coming back from a shoulder injury he would be a ****** to jump right in with Spence, so that doesn’t mean he is ducking Spence.

I was hoping for that fight to happen by the end of this year, but if not am willing to wait for 2019, the only thing is by that time Spence is going to be the man, he would have made enough of his name to make Thurman chase him and not the other way round.
          I see it too much here, all this posturing between different sets of fans. I see it with Wilder and Joshua as well.

It's not like Thurman has been a guy who has been shy to challenge himself. He's probably got the best resume at 47.

I think end of the year early next year is the right time. It's not a forgone conclusion that Thurman beats Porter either, another tough fight he has to negotiate before that one. Let's hope he gets through it and fully recovers from what was a serious injury.

Comment

Good to see a top guy get at another top guy direct. Good to be getting away from the duck and dodge, don't mention anybody, cherrypicking Floyd era.

Comment

Working...
            X