Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it time these type of fights are stopped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it time these type of fights are stopped?

Its never going to happen but what is the point in some of these 'A level guy beats up on B/C level guy fights?'.
    Obviously entertainment wise its not a great spectacle (although enough for some forum members to throw a party over), and the definitive conclusions that people drag from these showcase bouts annoy me too. 'Crawford beat diaz better than spence beat peterson who struggled against diaz so that means crawford is better' that type of thinking.

But more importantly isnt there health concerns from this? I know the arguments for fighters having stay busy fights is that 'they need to prolong there careers' but what about the fighters who are gettting the crap beat out of them? Surely problems are going to arise more frequently when its a fighter just getting beat up after being outclassed round for round.

Maybe there should be a league system, top 5 fighters can only fight each other, 5-10 fighters fight each other and so on. When youre fighting twice a year i dont see why this shouldnt happen, and its not as if fighting a top level guy immediately equates to it being some damaging career shortening war.

I know last year was considered a great year for the sport but was it really? Or did it just stand out because the other years were so poor? With the amount of fighters around there should be top level fights going on near enough every week.

Worst thing is the fans have got accustomed to this crap, i see people giving a fight like murray v saunders a good reaction. Thats considered a good match up? Christ. Yeah i guess saunders took so much punishment against B level lemiuex that as long as he doesnt fight a complete stiff its a 'solid match up'. Forget about all the other good fighters outside of canelo and golovkin in that division.

And for the record before the crybaby crew come in here and label me a 'hater', im not taking anything away from spence, the guys an excellent fighter but im not forming that opinion from him whooping on someone he was always going to.

I agree with you but I didn't feel that Spence-Peterson was a bad match to make. It was a total beatdown but still wasn't a bad match to make by having Spence fighting a tough and crafty vet. If Spence gets called to fight another Bundu type guy next then yeah I'd say that is horrible and doing nothing for his career.

Comment

Where was this campaign when GGG fought a guy on house arrest?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Where was this campaign when GGG fought a guy on house arrest?
        I'm labeled as a "Golovkin Hater" but Wade was a mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Its never going to happen but what is the point in some of these 'A level guy beats up on B/C level guy fights?'.
          Obviously entertainment wise its not a great spectacle (although enough for some forum members to throw a party over), and the definitive conclusions that people drag from these showcase bouts annoy me too. 'Crawford beat diaz better than spence beat peterson who struggled against diaz so that means crawford is better' that type of thinking.

But more importantly isnt there health concerns from this? I know the arguments for fighters having stay busy fights is that 'they need to prolong there careers' but what about the fighters who are gettting the crap beat out of them? Surely problems are going to arise more frequently when its a fighter just getting beat up after being outclassed round for round.

Maybe there should be a league system, top 5 fighters can only fight each other, 5-10 fighters fight each other and so on. When youre fighting twice a year i dont see why this shouldnt happen, and its not as if fighting a top level guy immediately equates to it being some damaging career shortening war.

I know last year was considered a great year for the sport but was it really? Or did it just stand out because the other years were so poor? With the amount of fighters around there should be top level fights going on near enough every week.

Worst thing is the fans have got accustomed to this crap, i see people giving a fight like murray v saunders a good reaction. Thats considered a good match up? Christ. Yeah i guess saunders took so much punishment against B level lemiuex that as long as he doesnt fight a complete stiff its a 'solid match up'. Forget about all the other good fighters outside of canelo and golovkin in that division.

And for the record before the crybaby crew come in here and label me a 'hater', im not taking anything away from spence, the guys an excellent fighter but im not forming that opinion from him whooping on someone he was always going to.
          Blah bah blah waaaah waaaaah.....

STFU. It was a good fight and good night of boxing. The best will eventually fight the best.

Comment

Dramashow is the poster that called Golovkin-Brook a "good fight" when it was signed.

Comment

Lamont Peterson came close to dying in the ring last night. Rather than address the root of the problems people will just say it was a great performance from Errol Spence Jr.

Comment

Haymon fanboys don't care about the B side.
                They'll say things like, "Why do you want my guy to fight tough fights all the time?" "Boxing is a dangerous sport, they need soft touches every now and then."
                Meaning, they only care about the other guy's welfare.
                The Salkas, Karpencys, they're not human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post

If this was GGG you’d be creaming in your panties.

Comment

I agree with some of the things you say.
                    If an A level fighter fights once or twice a year it gets very frustrating if they're fighting only B or C level type fighters. They should be fighting other A level fighters.

But if a fighter can fight 3 or 4 times a year I think a few soft touches to stay busy in between those tough fight is acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                    X