Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nate Diaz Slams Boxers Who Are Doing The 'McGregor Challenge'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see many boxers destroying Diaz in MMA. He rarely goes for the take down and likes to try and box.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      So what youre saying is Connor can learn enough boxing to beat Floyd Mayweather but Floyd cant be taught take down leg strike defense and do a Aldo type KO.

Seems to me you got very big double standard going on.
      In fairness thats not a equal exchange of skills. Conor has been doing boxing for years to some degree. Conor boxed for 4 or 5 years as an amateur. Floyd has never kickboxed, wrestled, did BJJ or anything other than box.

Boxing is a part of MMA, MMA has nothing to do with boxing outside of the boxing. Its much easier to hone in on one skill you already got some experience in than add a whole new skill to your arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        I could see many boxers destroying Diaz in MMA. He rarely goes for the take down and likes to try and box.
        Yea he's horrible strategically (he's kinda like the MMA Gatti, who gots skills, but rarely uses them to maximum benefit) & has never improved his takedown ability all that much. I think Nate can submit virtually anyone on the ground given the right situation & enough time on the clock, but he prefers to stand & box with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          well, he's not lying.

it's true that floyd the woman beater would get mounted in seconds and be forced to tap out.
          Nobody wants to see Floyd and Conor rolling around on the ground come-on. Nate was never that good, he just thinks he's God now that he tooled on McGretool once..

Comment

He's not wrong. And it is extremely arrogant. Arrogant to the point that if Conor wins, boxing may never recover.

But then in like the next sentence he, too, goes on about boxing not being a real fight.

Conor was calling it "half a fight" and talking about how easy it is. So if you're not going to respect boxing, don't fucking expect boxers to respect you.

Comment

MMA is such a joke of a sport. 75% of the "fight" is on the ground. High school kids literally fight the same way. And most of them barely know how to stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Good. Maybe we can feed him to GGG or Canelo at 160 so he can really box and get his ****ing head knocked off

Comment

Working...
                X