Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder the modern day George Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is not even the black Gerry Cooney.

Comment

Lol. Funny thread.

Comment

When I thought I read every stupid comment/thread in NSB....

Comment

If ppl actually watch Foreman fights they would know he DOES have Wilder simularities , of course he was more polished but lets not pretend you guys wouldn't call him a slow stiff robot with bad balance bc i recall a few fights Foreman falling over the ropes bc of bad balance with bad technical approach at times .

This isnt a vs match up, its actually a good post showing double standards ,bc Foreman was a sloppy fighter who would lose composure ,he would have lost to Lyle bc of that had the bell not rung , he was a technical jabber with a brawling style ........

Wilder WOULD be a Foreman LIKE style ,with less technique but faster punches with a cautious approach . This doesnt mean Wilder wins but what 6'7 fast power puncher did Foreman fight ?

I swear this forum at times !

P.S Foreman early 90's walks through Wilder without worries !

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              That is cold... lol!

Comment

George Foreman was a boxer.

Comment

wilder is the next fighter of the decade, right larry?

Comment

I think its a fair comparison...Foreman threw awkward arm punches and had suspect balance and horrid defense

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      If ppl actually watch Foreman fights they would know he DOES have Wilder simularities , of course he was more polished but lets not pretend you guys wouldn't call him a slow stiff robot with bad balance bc i recall a few fights Foreman falling over the ropes bc of bad balance with bad technical approach at times .

This isnt a vs match up, its actually a good post showing double standards ,bc Foreman was a sloppy fighter who would lose composure ,he would have lost to Lyle bc of that had the bell not rung , he was a technical jabber with a brawling style ........

Wilder WOULD be a Foreman LIKE style ,with less technique but faster punches with a cautious approach . This doesnt mean Wilder wins but what 6'7 fast power puncher did Foreman fight ?

I swear this forum at times !

P.S Foreman early 90's walks through Wilder without worries !
                      Good point! But to me, Deontay Wilder loses to any elite shorter boxer who specializes in bobbing and weaving and pressure fighting. Mike Tyson, Alexander Povetkin, Evgeny Romanov (the guy who stopped him in the amateurs) are all his kryptonites stylistically. Which is why to this day, he has never fought this type of an opponent. The last time he did, he was stopped!

Comment

Working...
                      X