Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Open To Do Joshua-Wilder Twice - One in U.S., One in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    At present, there are no obstacles to Wilder and Joshua besides Ortiz and Parker.
    Oh you mean the legitimate challengers directly in front of them, both of whom are capable and durable enough to knock either Wilder or Joshua over.

Minor obstacles to be brushed aside in the pursuit of big money!

Yeah nah... there's gonna be an upset eh!

Comment

Originally posted by HardcoreboxingG View Post
      I like what wilder said I’ll take whatever split y’all want to give me but when I win then In the rematch y’all take the same split y’all offer me!!!
      That's a fair deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        That's a fair deal.
        All he's done is offer a 50/50 split. Clearly Joshua won't accept that when he would earn more from fighting his postman.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          All he's done is offer a 50/50 split. Clearly Joshua won't accept that when he would earn more from fighting his postman.
          No, that's not what was said. Or at least reported as said.

My understanding, and obviously I could be wrong, is, just as an example, Wilder takes 35% to go to the Uk and wins then the rematch clause says that Joshua goes to US and takes 35%.

Surely that's fair?

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            seeing as Wilder / Ortiz still isn't shifting tickets
            Who told you that? Less than 1,500 tickets remain. The fight will be close to a sell out by next Saturday.

Let's work together to figure out why you were under the impression that something was true that was the exact opposite of true.

Comment

No, that's not what was said. Or at least reported as said.

My understanding, and obviously I could be wrong, is, just as an example, Wilder takes 35% to go to the Uk and wins then the rematch clause says that Joshua goes to US and takes 35%.

Surely that's fair?
              So Wilder gets 65 % in a BIGGER fight which IS a rematch even in a loss ????? LOL What kind of logic is this ?

Wilder getting 35 % in itself is beyond reasonable .

In reality Hearn should offer him 25 % and SHOULD Wilder win reverse the % amount where he gets 75% in a second fight .

SHOULD Wilder lose he then takes 20 % in a rematch .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                So Wilder gets 65 % in a BIGGER fight which IS a rematch even in a loss ????? LOL What kind of logic is this ?

Wilder getting 35 % in itself is beyond reasonable .

In reality Hearn should offer him 25 % and SHOULD Wilder win reverse the % amount where he gets 75% in a second fight .

SHOULD Wilder lose he then takes 20 % in a rematch .
                Apologies for not expressing myself well, I think we're pretty much saying the same thing tbh - or at least I agree with what you said there haha!.

Maybe that's not what Wilder means though, I don't know?!

I would just like the fight to get made NEXT!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  At present, both Wilder and Joshua fight on Showtime. At present, there are no obstacles to Wilder and Joshua besides Ortiz and Parker. If both Wilder and Joshua win their fights, the Wilder vs. Joshua fight should be next! If AJ signs a contract with HBO, he just created an obstacle that does not exist today! I'll leave it there for now.
                  Not really if HBO offers more money than Showtime for Joshua,they will get him.Then given Joshua and Hearn will have all the power,why wouldnt they say to Wilder come over to HBO and you get more money.Joshua is in control of these negotiations,if he has a US Broadcaster Exclusively backing him it just makes it stronger

Comment

Apologies for not expressing myself well, I think we're pretty much saying the same thing tbh - or at least I agree with what you said there haha!.

Maybe that's not what Wilder means though, I don't know?!

I would just like the fight to get made NEXT!
                    I think however Wilder looks will play a big factor ,he NEEDS a GREAT showing .

The thing is a TWO fight deal will require Joshua to fight in the U.S ,

Wilders OWN recent ticket sales of a snail crawl show he has not done his job in promoting himself .......

THEREFOR it falls on Joshua to make an appearance to make SURE the fight gets MAXIMUM exposure and that REQUIRES him to fight BEFORE the Wilder fight .

We all want to see the fight but this is reality . The fight COULD happen IF they arent doing back to back fights in a contract claus .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      I think however Wilder looks will play a big factor ,he NEEDS a GREAT showing .

The thing is a TWO fight deal will require Joshua to fight in the U.S ,

Wilders OWN recent ticket sales of a snail crawl show he has not done his job in promoting himself .......

THEREFOR it falls on Joshua to make an appearance to make SURE the fight gets MAXIMUM exposure and that REQUIRES him to fight BEFORE the Wilder fight .

We all want to see the fight but this is reality . The fight COULD happen IF they arent doing back to back fights in a contract claus .
                      Yes, I get that.

Next probably isn't realistic but I do think that fight can be made with immediate rematch clause.

I also thing it's reasonable that if, as is likely, Wilder has to take a similar % to what Parker is getting - and maybe even go to UK for it ,- then if Joshua loses he should have to take that same deal for rematch.

Just my.opinion, nothing more.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X