No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Welterweight Tournament - Eight Fighters Announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Felix Diaz 19-2 Boxrec #15 The most well known guy in there and gotta be the favourite. Maybe age catches up to him as he's 34 now but looks a level above the rest.
    Lawson 26-1 #67 I might rewatch his loss to Bizier I remember it as a decent scrap.
    Van Heerden 25-2 Not a big puncher but physically strong and good fundamentals. Not world class but I thought he boxed well vs Matthew Hatton and his loss to Spence is no disgrace). Inactive since 2016.
    Radhzad Butaev 8-0 #68 Never seen him fight
    Brad Solomon 27-1 #45 Lost to Ponomarev in an ok fight.
    Timo Schwarzkopf 18-1 boxrec #37. His loss to was to Yigit at 140, his best win on paper was over Junior Witter but reports said that was a robbery.
    Derrieck Cuevas 16-0 #134 Not seen him fight, appeared on a Cotto promotions card but not sure if he's signed to them.
    Baishanbo Nasiyiwula 13-1 Ranked #76 at 140

Curious to see if a few of these names I've not heard of will be a bit special, or more likely just good to watch and coming in determined and hungry. We all knew with the low cash rewards on offer that it wouldn't be big names but we might see some good fights come from it.
    Excellent breakdown of the contenders

Comment

See, this the shlt I'm talkin bout! Sulaiman do your thang man! Can you imagine if the PBC would do such a tournament? It would help clear up some of the madness that's going on in this sport today.

Comment

That Sergey Lubkovich kid who's an alternate seems like a solid spoiler if he gets into the tournament.

Comment

Who the fook are these guys??

Comment

Well this isn't quite the welterweight tournament I was hoping for.

Comment

The **** is this? Can we start touching weiners or something?

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                piece of **** wbc fuk off!
                Bit harsh ain't it? I mean, yeah - OK ... fuck the WBC as a matter of principle, sure, but I'm all for any kind of tourney, even if it ain't involving top ten guys or top US talent. This kinda **** gives lesser known fighters a real chance to shine that they might otherwise never get given the bull**** way this sport is (mis)managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Bit harsh ain't it? I mean, yeah - OK ... fuck the WBC as a matter of principle, sure, but I'm all for any kind of tourney, even if it ain't involving top ten guys or top US talent. This kinda **** gives lesser known fighters a real chance to shine that they might otherwise never get given the bull**** way this sport is (mis)managed.
                  I don't even understand who people thought were gonna be in this f#cking thing. Did they think Holyfield had the money to do a WBSS 147lb tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Solid breakdown of everyone in the tournament.

I know mfers will say negative sh^t about this tournament, but I'm a fan of the tournament format & think it helps get people invested in guys they might not otherwise be. We still talk about some of those Contender mfers & cats in other tournaments. This ain't a bad thing & I think its fun even when they are non-top 20 guys.
                    good post, once again. agree 100%...have you heard if this is going to be on TV/you tube?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Felix Diaz 19-2 Boxrec #15 The most well known guy in there and gotta be the favourite. Maybe age catches up to him as he's 34 now but looks a level above the rest.
                      Lawson 26-1 #67 I might rewatch his loss to Bizier I remember it as a decent scrap.
                      Van Heerden 25-2 Not a big puncher but physically strong and good fundamentals. Not world class but I thought he boxed well vs Matthew Hatton and his loss to Spence is no disgrace). Inactive since 2016.
                      Radhzad Butaev 8-0 #68 Never seen him fight
                      Brad Solomon 27-1 #45 Lost to Ponomarev in an ok fight.
                      Timo Schwarzkopf 18-1 boxrec #37. His loss to was to Yigit at 140, his best win on paper was over Junior Witter but reports said that was a robbery.
                      Derrieck Cuevas 16-0 #134 Not seen him fight, appeared on a Cotto promotions card but not sure if he's signed to them.
                      Baishanbo Nasiyiwula 13-1 Ranked #76 at 140

Curious to see if a few of these names I've not heard of will be a bit special, or more likely just good to watch and coming in determined and hungry. We all knew with the low cash rewards on offer that it wouldn't be big names but we might see some good fights come from it.
                      Appreciate the insight on these guys

Comment

Working...
                      X