Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst jobs, most boring, tedious jobs you have done..............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst jobs, most boring, tedious jobs you have done..............

Worst jobs, most boring, tedious jobs you have done.............

I used to be a banksman, for those who dont know what a banksman is, its a guy who stands about doing nothing, i used to give the JCB driver the thumbs up when it was clear, and tell him to stop when someone was coming, boring as fuk.

Also had this job where i had to pick pieces of wood out of a pile of rubble, boring as hell, most the time i just sat about talking to my mate, the kid i was working with.

I also had this other job where they used to make these widgets, well they had a bad batch of them so i got a job off the agency sorting the good ones from the bad ones, i would sit there with a black mat infront of me, on the table, and i would hand pick them out these boxes, the boxes were called jumboboxes, so you can imagine how many of these little things were in those boxes, anyway, the widgets themselves were made of a clear plastic, hence the need for the black mat, i used to have to put one of them (the widgets)on this mat and check to see if it had a number 13 on it, if it did, i had to put it in a separate box, i did that all day long, again, extremely boring.

What you got?

worked in a chicken slaughter house.

My job was picking up a live chicken by its legs (had to do 1 every 3 seconds), and hanging it upside down on a moving line that then brought the chickens through the stunner and decapitator.

They tend to **** all over u out of fear, and flap like crazy (if u let them) and make a lot of noise.

We had to do it in near pitch black as the chickens werent as wild in the dark, and i have tasted chicken ****, yawned in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      worked in a chicken slaughter house.

My job was picking up a live chicken by its legs (had to do 1 every 3 seconds), and hanging it upside down on a moving line that then brought the chickens through the stunner and decapitator.

They tend to **** all over u out of fear, and flap like crazy (if u let them) and make a lot of noise.

We had to do it in near pitch black as the chickens werent as wild in the dark, and i have tasted chicken ****, yawned in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Nasty.

No way, pretty graphic that, dont think id be able to do that.

Comment

Gardening work for ****ty pay during a long vacation.. Damn near broke my back doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          No way, pretty graphic that, dont think id be able to do that.
          u smell great when u leave work too. I went for a pint once straght after work to watch a world cup game, u shoulda seen the looks i was getting lol!

Was good fun when someone new started, if u squeezed their ribs u could make them **** themselves (new starts didnt know this) so they got covered for the 1st week until they caught on and learnt how to do it.
          We had some NASTY wars in there. And god help u if u went into work on your birthday or just before u got married.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            u smell great when u leave work too. I went for a pint once straght after work to watch a world cup game, u shoulda seen the looks i was getting lol!

Was good fun when someone new started, if u squeezed their ribs u could make them **** themselves (new starts didnt know this) so they got covered for the 1st week until they caught on and learnt how to do it.
            We had some NASTY wars in there. And god help u if u went into work on your birthday or just before u got married.
            Can imagine.

Thats just cruel, bit sadistic to if you ask me Lol.

Listening to what you have said there is no way i could do that job, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Can imagine.

Thats just cruel, bit sadistic to if you ask me Lol.

Listening to what you have said there is no way i could do that job, man!
              i did it when i was 17-19. I knew about 5 of the guys that worked there, they made my 1st weekend hell! But after that u just forgot about what u were doing, had a laugh (we used to get stoned when we did it).
              If u survived your 1st week u could do it for the rest of your life, it was easy after that.

Comment

When i first started at an metalwork firm i had to do a lot of de-burring etc 5000 tiny washers etc,it was easy but it was so laborious you find yourself going crazy,especially after doing 12 hours day

Comment

Working in a warehouse doing order picking.

Basically walking around with a big trolley collecting items that were then packaged and sent to customers.

You know when you buy things off the internet?

Well I was the guy on the other end sorting that **** out.

I lasted a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    Working in a warehouse doing order picking.

Basically walking around with a big trolley collecting items that were then packaged and sent to customers.

You know when you buy things off the internet?

Well I was the guy on the other end sorting that **** out.

I lasted a week.

Yeah i used to work in a warehouse where they did order picking, i wasn't order picking though, i was banding up these boxes and putting them on pallets all day, however i did do order picking occasionally when i ran outta work, your right, it was very boring.

Comment

Working...
                    X