Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with my heavybag training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok your workrate needs to increase. if you can do 4 or 5 rounds of intense bag work thats better than 10 rounds of slower work. also, you need to work on snapping you punches. Your pushing too much. good job though.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
      Not anymore.. at least, not here.
      Umm... I'm pretty sure that open switched from 4x2min too 3x3min and Novice stayed at 3x2min.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        3x3 is only for open. Novice is still 3x2
        isnt elite novice 2x3 (they call seniors elites now)

Comment

thanks guys for the help. i also gotta agree with you that it is pretty slow.
          i will work on that and hope i can show the progress in the next vid

Comment

Originally posted by lefthookbody View Post
            hi guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDncZ...e=channel_page

im trying to fight an amateur bout in november, due to my work schedule im only able to go to the gym once a week and then im only sparring with lots of different opponents. my other training consists of 4 times a week at the heavybag for 10-15 3minute rounds the bag weighs about 110 pounds. i would really appreciate if you could give me some feedback concerning my training.

thanks in advance
            D*mn, how old are you? And you're still trying to fight in tournaments. Anyway, your past your prime, over the hill.

Comment

I'm 27 and I only want to make one amateur fight, because I think if you pick up a sport you should also compete in it at least one time. I wouldn't say I'm past my prime. I played tennis on a pretty high level a few years ago. Then I quit sports gained 100 pounds (now I already lost 50 with the help of boxing). So I now if I lose another 20 or 25 pounds I will be a lot faster. And btw I never said I wanted to go professional, I just love the sport and want to fight one real sanctioned fight!

Comment

I didn't watch the whole video but there are a few quick things i can tell you.

I don't know if you go to a gym, my guess is that you don't and you should to learn the basics. And if for some reasons you can't(even if you can) i would suggest you look at this youtube channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/billiardjay <- The guy uploads clips from various boxing dvd's that teach many things, throwing punches properly is one of them.

Also, like the other people said you lack speed, and you "push" your punches. To me it looks like you aren't really trying, throw your punches like you mean it.

Plus, if you are really serious about boxing i would suggest getting a better heavybag, it looks soft and much too light for you.

Good luck.

Comment

turn you're right hand over, I see so many people throw the right with a fist facing vertical, doing that makes it a tricep punch, turn it over (palm facing ground) and you have a proper, shoulder backed punch.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. I' trying to work it into my routine. Like I said I can only work out at my gym once a week due to my work schedule. And I also spar that day! BTW the bag isn't light its about 110 - 120 pounds (55 kg)

I will upload a new video soon, maybe it's a little better then.

Comment

your trainer is making a big mistake getting you a fight, keep working, lose weight, keep sparring, work on that speed and power, then worry about fighting, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X