Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuban Gold Medalists in Rio 2016 (Super Rare Talents)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Man I really wish these guys could go pro, Cuba are being absolute dicks for holding these awesome talents back but the main standout for me has to be Ramirez!

Ramirez would make a perfect guy to become a pro he entertains and he can box your ears off guys like Cruz I think he is very talented but nobody will care about him being a pro but that said I think he could reign supreme in the 175 division which isn't strong.

So out of the hype for the lot it would be

1 Ramirez
    2 Lopez
    3 Cruz
    Ramirez #1 by a lot too.

Comment

I think Lopez probably has the most fan friendly, pro friendly style of the lot. Ramirez however is the most technically gifted of the fighters and only 22. Cruz hast he best reflexes but I'm not sure what else he does.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I think Lopez probably has the most fan friendly, pro friendly style of the lot. Ramirez however is the most technically gifted of the fighters and only 22. Cruz hast he best reflexes but I'm not sure what else he does.
        His balance is out of this world, great sense of distance, timing, solid chin, fast hands, great footwork, educated hands and good in fighter if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Ye unlike most other cubans Lopez arsenal isnt mainly based on his defense and i view him more of an agressive fighter that breaks his opponents down with accurate punching, which is why i think Lopez would probably be a promoters dream, highly skilled - looking for the knockout, and as mentioned before he has devastating power

I agree Ramirez has the most charisma and would probably be able to be a boxing star but i dont agree with Ramirez being more technically gifted then La Cruz

Id rank em like this

Skillwise:
          1-La Cruz
          2-Ramirez
          3-Lopez

(Might seem unfair since Ramirez is the only 2x gold medalist of the lot, but La Cruz is the biggest natural talent imo)

Star potential:
          1-Ramirez
          2-Lopez
          3-La Cruz

Comment

Of the 3 Lopez would be the biggest star.

Ramirez is incredible but probably too small to make a huge splash.

La Cruz is a bit more defensive, even though his style of defence imo is very entertaining, casual fans might be turned off.

Lopez has the style, the punch, the age and is big enough to be fighting in the 160-168lb classes which holds a lot more attention in the west

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

La Cruz is a bit more defensive, even though his style of defence imo is very entertaining, casual fans might be turned off.

Lopez has the style, the punch, the age and is big enough to be fighting in the 160-168lb classes which holds a lot more attention in the west
              Ye i agree Lopez has a very good pro style and he seems very physically strong and hes just gonna get stronger with age, you can see he that he physically has a punchers build

And sure Ramirez can definetly surpass La Cruz skillwise since hes only 22, but i dont think he is there yet

Comment

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
                Ye unlike most other cubans Lopez arsenal isnt mainly based on his defense and i view him more of an agressive fighter that breaks his opponents down with accurate punching, which is why i think Lopez would probably be a promoters dream, highly skilled - looking for the knockout, and as mentioned before he has devastating power

I agree Ramirez has the most charisma and would probably be able to be a boxing star but i dont agree with Ramirez being more technically gifted then La Cruz

Id rank em like this

Skillwise:
                1-La Cruz
                2-Ramirez
                3-Lopez

(Might seem unfair since Ramirez is the only 2x gold medalist of the lot, but La Cruz is the biggest natural talent imo)

Star potential:
                1-Ramirez
                2-Lopez
                3-La Cruz
                I disagree, La Cruz isn't as technically good as Ramirez but he does have the superior athleticism which allows him to get away with certain errors. Might come back to bite him.

I agree with the rankings.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Agreed, Ramirez is just too small to be as big a star as people are thinking he could be in the pros.

Comment

Working...
                X