Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon drops Warriors boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"On Thursday, rumors surfaced that Florida based Warriors Boxing, would no longer serve as the front promoter for PBC cards taking place in the state of Florida."

Speaking directly to BadCulture.net, Margules shot down the rumors.
    “That is totally not true, I don’t know where that rumor came from,” said Margules.

Like BIGPOPPAPUMP said, rumors NOT TRUE. Nothing to read here.

Comment

So Thurman/Porter is being branded as a Showtime bout. What's the point of having the big fights on Showtime anymore if they can go this route instead? Isn't the point of this PBC venture to maximize viewership? Every single PBC bout should be on cable TV while the PPVs are handled by Showtime.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Mayweather Promotions and Schafer will probably sole promote PBC sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          So Thurman/Porter is being branded as a Showtime bout. What's the point of having the big fights on Showtime anymore if they can go this route instead?
          I think it's to build back interest in showtime boxing because their ratings have fallen off a cliff. Which is unfortunate because they've had the best fights recently. So, I think this is to get people familiar with them again and having a pretty good fight like this should work.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            I'm convinced eastcoast has to be that idiot steve kim.
            Fat Javi, just can't stop talking about me after you swore you were done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              Ok and does that change the point that its a time buy fight on a primetime broadcast network?
              you said it's a PBC event. It's not a PBC event. It will be produced and presented as a Showtime Boxing event.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                I think it's to build back interest in showtime boxing because their ratings have fallen off a cliff. Which is unfortunate because they've had the best fights recently. So, I think this is to get people familiar with them again and having a pretty good fight like this should work.
                PBC ratings were never that good to begin but have fallen off a cliff too. This ain't about Showtime it's about PBC losing hundreds of millions in year 1 with event that can't draw ratings, can't draw fans and because the fighters make so much money can't afford to put the best haymon fighters together. Jacobs vs Quillin was first announced as a PBC event too. Then got shipped to Showtime because each fighter made 1.5mil. When you pay guys like Lara 1 mil to fight tomato cans in front of 100 people in a rainy tent that just doesn't make business sense and can't sustain itself. But if Lara makes that much how much do you have to pay both Thurman and Porter to fight each other and not tomato cans? The losses are mounting and these fights too expensive so Haymon being forced to send them to Showtime to pick up the tab.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  even if true, glaser is the last person id listen to
                  Unless he's telling us some low GGG PPV numbers I'm assuming?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    you said it's a PBC event. It's not a PBC event. It will be produced and presented as a Showtime Boxing event.
                    That does not change the fact that is a PBC event. I'm failing to see your point. The branding means nothing, we all know what it is and who's financing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      "On Thursday, rumors surfaced that Florida based Warriors Boxing, would no longer serve as the front promoter for PBC cards taking place in the state of Florida."

Speaking directly to BadCulture.net, Margules shot down the rumors.
                      “That is totally not true, I don’t know where that rumor came from,” said Margules.

Like BIGPOPPAPUMP said, rumors NOT TRUE. Nothing to read here.
                      Facts could slap these people dead smack in the face and they still wouldn't acknowledge them. There's little hope for some of these folks on here

Comment

Working...
                      X