Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather's reunion with his father survive for the whole training camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it. Unless Jr. had a conversation with his dad that training camp starts and ends in the gym. There was a reason why Jr. left Sr. and it was because Sr. treated training camp like boot camp. Sure, it left some discipline and work ethic in Floyd Jr. but his relationship with his dad is always going to be strained. Add to this that Floyd Sr. wants all of the accolades but none for his son.

Look what happened to Nonito and his dad. Despite their relationship currently being amicable, it's forever strained.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      I really hope so.

Nah....just kidding

I really don't care.

I'd rather watch jersey shores
      What the hell is jersey shores?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Who was the fighter that signed up to train with him and left like immediately citing Floyd Sr's inability to make it to training sessions on time. This was no longer than a month or two ago as well. The guy is an old dog and old dogs don't change.
        That was Andre Dirrell. And Hatton also split with Mayweather Sr for similar reasons back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          It can.

Floyd's father trained Floyd as a pro for a few years, so it has happened before
          True, but Floyd Sr seems to have a pattern where fighters can't work with him. Maybe he's just not a good trainer anymore - in terms of dedication and work ethic.

Comment

Unless Sr is blatantly disrespected as a man, he will be on his best behavior as this by far will be his biggest payday since the days when he trained Oscar

He isn't trying to **** this payday up

Comment

I just hope that when the WorldStar moment breaks out, the 24/7 cameras catch it. It'll be more entertaining than the actual fight.

Comment

It could go either way for me. For purposes of the poll, I went with it not lasting, but Floyd still being prepared. Floyd knows what he needs to do to prepare, and even if something happens with Sr., he has secondary trainers around to help him get ready. Roger would come back with five minutes notice as well.

Comment

They both got big ego's. I could picture Mayweather Jr not showing up in time for training. Then I can picture Mayweather Sr showing up late for training to try to show Jr a lesion. It so easy for both these guys to get into a heated argument. It's starts with them joking around but ends serious. I voted for this thing not to survive but Jr being ready for May 4th anyway.
                  Last edited by Ringlife; 02-16-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

One negative that I can possibly see becoming an issue is that Sr. doesn't want Floyd to take any unnecessary risks. If Floyd gives his trainer's opinion any consideration, we might not see him go back up to 154 ever again. And if Floyd really has lost his legs, we'll know next fight. Sr. doesn't play that toe to toe ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X