No announcement yet.

Corrie Sanders v Wlad Klitschko - watch and discuss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrie Sanders v Wlad Klitschko - watch and discuss

I am absolutely gutted about the death of Corrie Sanders. To me the Klit fight was his greatest moment. He was 38, semi-retired but look at how lightning fast that left hand is. Wlad doesn't even see it coming and when he gets hit with it you can almost see his expression say "wtf was that????"

RIP Champ!

Its a shame Sanders gets absolutely no credit for this fight, everyone just dumps on Wladimir for it. First of all, being the better younger fighter does not guarantee you a win. While Wlad doesn't have a good chin, I don't think its as bad as everyone says. Also, Sanders hit awfully hard and had good hand speed. Only thing is, he was only really dangerous for the first two or three rounds because of his poor conditioning.

The fight was more or less a knockout for grabs. Once Wlad felt his power and saw that Sanders was going for a fast KO, he did the same, and got caught.

Watch at 2:33 but also the replay at 3:31: He threw an overhand right that missed, and his whole body got thrown into Sander's left hand that he never saw. So, two things: a huge punch that he never saw and that he threw his whole body into. That would have knocked out a lot of fighters. If Wlad had just calmed down and boxed/held on, he would have won. Or, if he landed that overhand right and Sanders missed with the left, Sanders would be the one sleeping.
    Last edited by Derranged; 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Its a shame Sanders gets absolutely no credit for this fight, everyone just dumps on Wladimir for it. First of all, being the better younger fighter does not guarantee you a win. While Wlad doesn't have a good chin, I don't think its as bad as everyone says. Also, Sanders hit awfully hard and had good hand speed. Only thing is, he was only really dangerous for the first two or three rounds because of his poor conditioning.

The fight was more or less a knockout for grabs. Once Wlad felt his power and saw that Sanders was going for a fast KO, he did the same, and got caught. He threw an overhand right that missed, and his whole body got thrown into Sander's left hand that he never saw. So, two things: a huge punch that he never saw and that he threw his whole body into. That would have knocked out a lot of fighters. If Wlad had just calmed down and boxed/held on, he would have won. Or, if he landed that overhand right and Sanders missed with the left, Sanders would be the one sleeping.
      yep. Wlad straight panicked after getting hit flush with that first left. That was the beginning of the end for him because he didn't know how to adjust...i actually put that on Manny Steward because Wlad should have been at least attempting to pop a lead right once in a while to keep Sanders honest and off balance. But he kept going right back to the left jab, backing straight up. He just couldn't get out of the way.

Comment

interesting how all the wladimir klitschko nuthuggers dont talk about this fight

Comment

Beautiful fight from Sanders, 38 Years young here. Very significant win considering he temporarily derailed Wladimir's path to the Heavyweight Championship, funny because if Wladimir won they were setting him up to fight Lennox Lewis. Deadly power in power hands and great hand speed. He totally shocked Vitali in the first round of their fight and solider on till the end. RIP Sanders.

Comment

Sunette Sanders said robbers came into the Thatch Haven restaurant in Brits on Saturday night and started kicking and slapping people.
            Sanders and her ex were attending the 21st birthday party of a nephew.
            She became emotional when she told how Corrie dove to protect his daughter when shots were fired.
            “I think he died a hero. He was just protecting his girl because they were shooting.”
            Sanders was shot twice, in the arm and stomach.
            News of his death has shocked the country and tributes and condolences have been streaming in.
            'The Sniper'

Don't know if you guys saw this part.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...-hero-20120923

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

The fight was more or less a knockout for grabs. Once Wlad felt his power and saw that Sanders was going for a fast KO, he did the same, and got caught.

Watch at 2:33 but also the replay at 3:31: He threw an overhand right that missed, and his whole body got thrown into Sander's left hand that he never saw. So, two things: a huge punch that he never saw and that he threw his whole body into. That would have knocked out a lot of fighters. If Wlad had just calmed down and boxed/held on, he would have won. Or, if he landed that overhand right and Sanders missed with the left, Sanders would be the one sleeping.
              Sanders was mad talented, had a questionable work ethic, and was looked upon as a gimmick.

40/1 outsider and beat Wlad viciously.

As far as I'm concerned he will be remembered as a better heavyweight than Haye (thus far). For the fact he rocked shocked and stopped Wlad while Haye danced around like a fairy.

Sanders was awkward you could see Wlad was very unsure how to handle his style. mad quick for someone who loooked like a golfer.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                Sanders was mad talented, had a questionable work ethic, and was looked upon as a gimmick.

40/1 outsider and beat Wlad viciously.

As far as I'm concerned he will be remembered as a better heavyweight than Haye (thus far). For the fact he rocked shocked and stopped Wlad while Haye danced around like a fairy.

Sanders was awkward you could see Wlad was very unsure how to handle his style. mad quick for someone who loooked like a golfer.

Corrie just took it to him. Most heavyweights didn't have the balls to step to Wlad.
                Corrie walked right through him.

Comment

He also hurt Vitali more than I have ever seen Vitali hurt also in the second round of their fight. Vitali unlike his brother had a very hard chin. Sanders had some serious natural heavy hands. His downfall was his training. I'm not sure what it is, but thick rib cage and square shoulder guys can punch. If you look at other fighters with compatible physical dynamics, you will also see very high KO percentages among their wins.

Comment

Sanders was quick and had power ..... and Wlad didn't know how to defend.

Comment

Working...
                    X