Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 round fights where the loser was ahead after 12 rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 round fights where the loser was ahead after 12 rounds?

I'm looking for some historical 15 round fighters where the result would have been different if it was only 12 rounds.

Ali/Frazier

Comment

Arguello vs Pryor, actually I mis-remembered Arguello was only up on one card after 12.

Billy Conn vs Joe Louis
      Last edited by SilverMiles; 03-15-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I might be wrong but I think Duran was up on Hagler.John Tate vs Mike Weaver.

Comment

I think Weaver was also down on the cards when he knocked out Coetzee in the 13 to save his tittle.

Comment

- -Frazier won wide on 2 cards against Ali, meaning he was probably ahead after 12.

Duran reputed ahead after 13 against Marv, meaning he was at least a draw if not ahead after 12.

Boxing has always done a poor job of record keeping compared to baseball where early on stats geeks assumed those duties.

Comment

Well, if you're counting KOs the #1 example is Marciano / Wolcott. Wolcott had floored Marciano and was ahead on the cards 7-4-1, 7-5, and 8-4 after 12.

Then the 13th happened.

Comment

John Tate vs Mike Weaver Tate won all 14 rounds than gets knock out in round 15 . Tommy Hearns was beating Sugar Ray only to get stopped in round 14.

Comment

- -How's about Jess Wiilard losing the first 12 rds against JJOHNSON in a 40 rd fight to rally in the 25th before knocking him out in the 26th?

Comment

It's not so simple if what you're getting at is these men would have lost if they had 12 rounds back in the day? They specifically trained and prepared for 15 (or more) rounds their gameplan was based on that.

If it had been 12 rounds back then they would have adjusted too.

Comment

Working...
                    X