Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix "Ozark" [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you talk about things that have already happened?

Because...SPOILERS....do not keep reading if you are not up to date.

So I finished this series some time last month, and man Tom Pelphrey always kills whatever role i’ve seen him in. Which has been in Banshee, Iron Fist and now Ozark.

He’s a great actor.

But do any of you honestly think Ben Davis got killed by the Hitman?

Look at Marty’s reaction to burning the body? Marty is a criminal, but he is not cold hearted. He felt like crap when he killed the pastor. He’s not going to have any feelings whatsoever to a brother in law he knew since he was 19?

It looked to me like Marty was up to something and Ruth and Wendy don’t know about it. It has to be something between Marty and the hitman, and or Marty, the hitman and Navarro. Between Marty’s chilled out reaction to Ben’s body, and Navarro taking a liking to Marty, telling Wendy that Marty is a lot like him, I think Ben Davis is alive.

And btw, that scene where Ben sees the hitman coming in the end, outside of the restaurant and realizes he has been left by Wendy, is just about the top 10 saddest scenes i’ve seen on a tv show. The body language, coupled with his mental illness and the fact that he is pretty much the only “good” person on the show, that was just a heartbreaking scene. Especially if ends up being that he was actually killed off. A masterful acting job by Tom Pelphrey.

The guy really deserves to be in bigger roles. His acting and explosiveness and the realness of his emotions reminds me a lot of Jon Bernthal (Walking Dead, Daredevil, Punisher).
    Last edited by -Kev-; 06-07-2020, 04:59 AM. Reason: Possible Spoilers if you are not up to date

Comment

Spoilers

Spoilers....

Do not read if you are not up to date........

Last warning.......

Spoilers:

One of the most satisfying deaths on Ozark for me had to Agent Petty. Anybody else feel the same?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

One of the most satisfying deaths on Ozark for me had to Agent Petty. Anybody else feel the same?
        It was satisfying but so was the cartel woman getting it at the end of the last season.

Comment

***SPOILERS**

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Can you talk about things that have already happened?

Because...SPOILERS....do not keep reading if you are not up to date.

So I finished this series some time last month, and man Tom Pelphrey always kills whatever role i’ve seen him in. Which has been in Banshee, Iron Fist and now Ozark.

He’s a great actor.

But do any of you honestly think Ben Davis got killed by the Hitman?

Look at Marty’s reaction to burning the body? Marty is a criminal, but he is not cold hearted. He felt like crap when he killed the pastor. He’s not going to have any feelings whatsoever to a brother in law he knew since he was 19?

It looked to me like Marty was up to something and Ruth and Wendy don’t know about it. It has to be something between Marty and the hitman, and or Marty, the hitman and Navarro. Between Marty’s chilled out reaction to Ben’s body, and Navarro taking a liking to Marty, telling Wendy that Marty is a lot like him, I think Ben Davis is alive.

And btw, that scene where Ben sees the hitman coming in the end, outside of the restaurant and realizes he has been left by Wendy, is just about the top 10 saddest scenes i’ve seen on a tv show. The body language, coupled with his mental illness and the fact that he is pretty much the only “good” person on the show, that was just a heartbreaking scene. Especially if ends up being that he was actually killed off. A masterful acting job by Tom Pelphrey.

The guy really deserves to be in bigger roles. His acting and explosiveness and the realness of his emotions reminds me a lot of Jon Bernthal (Walking Dead, Daredevil, Punisher).
          I think they left enough ambiguity to somehow bring Ben back. However, I don't see a scenario where Nelson (cartel hitman) agrees to fake Ben's death? Why would he do this? Wendy paid him off? Actually, maybe this is plausible.

Originally posted by tyger View Post
          It was satisfying but so was the cartel woman getting it at the end of the last season.
          I loved the end of Season 3. It so climatic and darkly comedic. Wendy specifically asked Navarro for "assurances" that Helen wouldn't be part of the partnership. And that's exactly what she got! The funny thing about the ending is that Wendy and Marty have Helen's blood and guts all over them and they are utterly horrified and Navarra hugs them smiling. What an ending!

Comment

Can't wait for Season 4. That is all.

Comment

*Spoilers*

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              ***SPOILERS**

I think they left enough ambiguity to somehow bring Ben back. However, I don't see a scenario where Nelson (cartel hitman) agrees to fake Ben's death? Why would he do this? Wendy paid him off? Actually, maybe this is plausible.

I loved the end of Season 3. It so climatic and darkly comedic. Wendy specifically asked Navarro for "assurances" that Helen wouldn't be part of the partnership. And that's exactly what she got! The funny thing about the ending is that Wendy and Marty have Helen's blood and guts all over them and they are utterly horrified and Navarra hugs them smiling. What an ending!
              Wendy was really acting like Ben was dead, or at least like she thought he was dead. But Marty looked like he was in on something. No emotions whatsoever, in fact looked very relaxed as if nobody he cared for died. With the pastor death he was in shock and saddened. With Helen’s death, he was also in literal shock. With Ben’s death he was acting like nothing happened.

And why would Nelson do it? Money maybe. Or Navarro’s orders. Like I said before, Navarro took a liking to Marty.

And the biggest take away was that we never actually saw the kill. No kill scene, unzipping of the body bag, very calm/relaxed demeanor from Marty. Also keep in mind it would go with the trend of Marty and Wendy making moves behind eachother’s backs.

Comment

Working...
              X